“I will never fly Alitalia again”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed January 21, 2018

I always fly coach. I have flown a lot. I have grandchildren and family in Europe and Hawaii and all over the U.S. and I go often. I am 67 years old and have been around. I enjoy flying and really kind of like airplane food--a lot of different taste treats. It seems funny now when I describe to friends my flight of torture on Alitalia but it was not funny as I experienced a 12 1/2 flight wanting to scream. I have NEVER been so cramped in my life. No place to even put my feet because of a structural aspect of the cabin. The seat in front of me almost dug into my knees. The food was, for the most part, inedible. The flight attendants offered minimal service although they were not rude. They enjoyed socializing with other so that was kind of fun to watch. I will never fly Alitalia again and recommend no one else does either.

1  Thank Corinne M
Write a ReviewReviews (14,323)

Reviewed January 21, 2018

I have only ever flown with Alitalia business whether it be through Heathrow or City Airport, and I have found the staff onboard to be very professional and efficient. The attendant on this particular flight was extremely helpful and made my flight a pleasure.
The food was good, although I would suggest that it could have been a little hotter, and the wine poured generous. Thank you and I will be back.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

During the last storm, JFK closed for 12 hours. The Alitalia flight to Rome was therefore cancelled. So far- reasonable. But Alitalia was not interested because our flight was reserved through expedia (never again for both companies!!!). Ripped our boarding cards, returned our luggage, without even bothering to pretend they cared. 36 hours later we boarded a Delta flight (hooray for delta!!). TIP- if ever stranded in JFK (who don't care much either)- terminal one is not a great place to sleep...

Reviewed January 20, 2018

Alitalia never ceases to surprise me... it gets worse and worse each time I fly with them. I took a flight to JFK choosing this airline due to its low price but ended up regretting it for days after the trip. The staff is rude and barely answers questions, completely ignoring you. there was no in-flight entertainment (I know right?) so all I could do on a 7h trip was sleep... but even that was impossible due to the extremely uncomfortable chairs. NEVER AGAIN (at least not for a long flight)

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

I would like to recommend Alitalia Airlines from london to Milano. The last flight from london is very convenience if you want to spend the all day in London. The cabin crew are nice and helpful.My only negative note is for the airport staff, the people at the check in counter is a little bit rude, and in my opinion doesn’t know properly the Alitalia procedures, as they are Handing staff.