“Weekend in Rome”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed February 16, 2018

Efficient and on time service. Friendly and helpful staff in Toulouse and Rome and on the aircraft too.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (13,955)

Reviewed February 15, 2018

The flight was fairly cheap. Not bad travel, in the average. Flight on time, personnel fairly kind. Nothing to point out.

Reviewed February 14, 2018

I know I flew in economy and I payed a reasonable amount compared to first class so I'm not asking for caviar and champagne on board, but thing got worse compared to a couple of years ago (same flight, same company).

The food is really horrible and I eat almost anything. It's less than it used to be and you better bring your own. Why do they have to keep cooking stuff like "lasagna" or curry chicken with green" when it would be much easier, less expensive and definitely better tasting to give everyone in economy just simple old sandwiches? At least you don't have to preheat those.

The movies on board, apparently, started to be divided per class too (they never were before with Alitalia). They give you a magazine with all the movies you'll get but barely a third of them was really available for you and of course we'd get the worse ones.

Also stop turning off the lights for 7 hours in a 7.40 hour flight, we travelled during the day!

1  Thank Giulia I
Reviewed February 14, 2018

I booked on Delta but got KLM going east and Alitalia going west. KLM was better---somewhat better food, slightly more comfortable-seeming seat even if the airplane was made by the same company. Alitalia's food was poor though edible although I declined the pizzalike snack late in the trip because the smell was overwhelming the airplane and it was going to be very salty when passengers need hydration more than they need a lot of salt. The cabin crew was pleasant, but the seat was cramped and the movies available were a peculiar bunch, mostly absurdly silly or violent and creepy.

Reviewed February 14, 2018

The only good news is that we arrived alive. The seats were child-sized, and you were literally trapped when the guy in front of you pushed his seat back to recline. It was torture. I cannot imagine what heavy people go through. On our return flight, we upgraded to premium economy. HAH! It was bulkhead seats, with an ill infant hooked up to the wall, 3" from our laps, and she coughed for ten hours. I just don't know which was worse. I overheard the stewardess being nasty to another passenger. The food was awful. I also just hear that they didn't do anything special for our friends going home to Sicily for the funeral of their mother. There is usually a berievement rate at airlines. My friends had to spend $1700 each to change their tickets to get home sooner. What a terrible airline!

1  Thank Monica C