“good price average service”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Frankly we went for the price which was great. The service is adequate although part of the booking was loused up. The staff on board is fair although extremely limited in their knowledge of English

1  Thank Kenneth K
Write a ReviewReviews (14,523)

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

All I can say is do NOT fly with them. I travel a lot and use various airlines. I vowed never to use AlItalia after a bad experience years ago but gave them another chance as it was a decent option in price to get to Bari. Wish I had not bothered! Went to Bari via Milan. As usual delays. If it's not a technical fault, it's a delay from an incoming flight or they blame air traffic control. I understand the need for safety but every time? So here we were again. A 2 hour delay sat in a plane as they tried to sort out a technical door fault. Only a brief sorry. Subsequently missed flight to Bari and put on next flight. Staff as usual rude and unhelpful. Economy seating is fine and usual drinks and crackers/biscuits for a short flight. Pay more and go with another airline! My last time I use them.

2  Thank 43tasneema
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

I arrived in Delhi at 2 pm
I was told by staff in the transit lounge that Alitalia had no representative in the transit area
I would have to wait until staff came in for the flight to Rome
After 7.5 hours a young man said he was from alitalia and he could get me a boarding pass
However the first problem I had was that after looking at every page of my passport twice he could not find a visa for Italy
I spent another few minutes explaining to him that as an EU citizen I do not need a visa
Eventually I got my boarding pass
The area where I waited for 7 hours had no decent food or internet access
My back was sore from sitting on harx wooden seats
When I tried to complain to the head Stewart on the plane he said this had nothing to do with him
I spoke to an Indian ground staff person who informed me that Alitalia do not have an office in Delhi airport

1  Thank Iceman202
Reviewed February 24, 2018

In these days of low-cost airlines, one does not expect anymore to be served drinks and snacks on a 2-hour flight within Europe.
This was a nice surprise, getting me to remember that Alitalia is NOT a low-cost airline.
Of course, the ticket was not cheap, but they had the only schedule suitable for my purpose.
The service was very good, aircraft was clean, all went well.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

The plane was decent, even if somewhat older, with enough leg room in the Premium Economy class. The crew professional and helpful. The highlights of this transatlantic trip was the good food that was served in ceramic dishes. Also, the pilot did an exceptional job with the landing (I've had a similar smooth landing experience with Alitalia before).

Date of travel: January 2018