“Why is it still operative”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Convenient for me for the timetable, recently modified. Expensive, for the service that they offer and that is included in the ticket fair, if compared with the low cost companies.
There is now an option for a ticket which includes only cabin baggage, and a surcharge for the checked baggages. This allows some saving.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,793)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Rude. Inefficient. They had everyone line up only to change the way of boarding by rows... made no sense and got yelled at for having lined up...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I used to always fly with Alitalia, they fly to and from convenient airports, the service is good, the flights are usually on time and if booked in advance, tickets are not too expensive. However this is the second time now my husband and I have to fly at the same time but with two different airlines thanks to Alitalia's stupid booking system. The first time we thought we had just been unlucky but now it's happened again.
We book our Christmas flights around Easter time to get good deals. We do not need to board two big suitcases so it is financially more sound for us to book one the Economy light and one Economy Classic ticket. Unfortunately with Alitalia's online booking system it is not possible to book two different class tickets together, so we have to book them separately. By doing so, this is the second time that of the two bookings done at the exact same time, mine goes through and my husband's doesn't. After a few attempts we have to start his booking process again, only to find out that the outbound ticket has gone up £70 within seconds. There was no indication that there was only one seat left at that price. So my husband had to go and book similar flights with British Airways, at similar times and for a now much more convenient price.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight was on time. That was the only plus side. The food was mediocre. Cold when it was supposed to be hot. The crew members were rude and unattentive. I asked for water and the flight attendant threw something she had on her hand and spoke to the other attendant in Italian and gave me the water with the worst attitude. I had to hold the headphone plug the entire flight because it would not work and the flight was full.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight Attendant could not get the dishes from a passenger and poured food on me! He couldn't speak english well and he just left! When I complained they provided me two wet blanket! Imagine I was in the begging of such a long flight, I have on cloths on my carry on and they didn't even apologize! And they said it was not their problem. The aggressive chief flight attendant told me there were many passengers and only 4 flight attendants and so they are not responsible for this kind of stuff! It's been three months and although I wrote a complaint they are still processing it! After this happened other passengers talked to me and said Alitalia is the option only if there is no other empty flight. It seems every body know this flight is bad. I never make this huge mistake again!