“Flight OK”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service was good but the space lacking. They are not alone in reducing the space for economy class passengers. It was difficult to stretch or turn in our seats and one had the feeling that your knees were in your mouth ! It would appear that all airlines are doing this now.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,504)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As ever on line check in was tortuous, slow response and on selecting seats outbound only 1 leg was changed.Return trip saw booking bounced straight through choose a seat.
In flight trolley was soft drinks only so the grotty pair or seats on second leg were even grimmer.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight attendants were very rude and non friendly. I asked for a soft drink and wanted ice and the attendant yelled at me saying there is no ice on the plane. First it was extremely rude and not necessary to yell over someone asking for ice. The seats were also small and uncomfortable, there wasn't a big selection of movies/songs for entertainment and some of the screens weren't working. It was one of the worst flights I've been on.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our travel agent booked us on this airlines for our flight home from Rome. Before our flight I was unable to do any upgrades or change any info online, always said to call. The staff at check-in in Rome were very friendly. Boarding was efficient. Upon entering our A330 you could tell the plane had some age on it. I am tall so I never expect much leg room in economy so I don't complain about it. The seats recline extremely far so the person in front of you seem like they are in your lap at times. The food was fair, I've had better on other airlines but this was edible. The flight attendant passed out free earbuds for the entertainment system. There wasn't a whole lot of choice on the entertainment menu but what was there was good. Our flight took off and landed on time so that makes a flight good right there. If I had to fly this airline again I wouldn't complain about it.

Date of travel: October 2018
2  Thank SaltyDog67
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the most horrible airline so far. I flew Delta, AA, Air France, Aeroflot and a few others, but Alitalia is definitely the one I will try to avoid. On my flight from Boston to Rome the service was terrible, stuards were rude, unfriendly, you can't even ask for a glass of wine they are looking at you like you asked for a free business class ticket.... The food on board was bad too despite the airline is Italian. On my way back from Rome they charged me 50 euros for the 1st checked bag and lost it (bag's tracking # shows it was never loaded to the plain in Rome)!!! Simply disgusting company, try to avoid it!!!