“Visit to see son in Dallas and sister in Grapevine!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed August 3, 2016

Rather tight seating going over, better on return. Nothing extraordinary - smooth and safe flight (thank God and the pilots)

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (46,751)

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

We had a direct flight from Dallas to Jamaica. The flight was great. No problems with luggage. The crew had a bit of tension between them, however they still did their jobs.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

This could have been a great review, the airline tried to keep to time and the cabin staff were excellent. I also cannot really fault the food, plenty to eat, reasonable quality and with beer and wine thrown in, I would give this top marks.

My first gripe is the entertainment system. For two years we have flown with AA, and for 50% of the flights my system did not work.

My biggest gripe is cost. We booked early, around jan/Feb to ensure flights and to get what we assumed were good prices. The flight to Ireland was followed by a hop to England with Ryan air. At the time the savings paid for our car hire, so it was a non brainer.

The issue was AA dropped the price, so that a direct flight would have been the cheaper alternative booked at a much later date. Come on AA look after your customers who book early. This will ensure loyalty. We had no real wish to visit Dublin for 2 hours and the extra security checks this involves is a pain, when you know later booking would have avoided this.

I would like to say I will remain loyal to one airline, book early and give consistent good reviews. With competition at every corner, airlines like any business need to look after customers. Word of mouth can be a big deal, at this time I may/may not use AA again. I will not book early again, that's a cert unless I can find a company that is as loyal to its customers as the want us to be.

Shop carefully for what may be the most expensive part of your vacation.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

So, I flew from GSP to DCA. The outbound was delayed by two hours due to the flight crew fatigue rules or was it weather as the pilot said when we finally boarded. Anyway, on our day to return, we kept receiving flight delay notifications. Then, we received the dreaded cancellation notice. We had to find a hotel for the night and pray that we would have a seat on the first flight out the next day as we were on standby. Well, we did get a seat; however, the flight, again, left almost two hours late because the plane needed maintenance. Fortunately, we arrived home safely albeit with a rather stale taste in our mouths from our experience.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

The Service on American Airlines was terrible in First Class. Especially from Charlotte to Laguardia Airport. The cabin staff gave us one drink and a packet of chips and proceeded to make a hot meal for herself then ate a packet of chips. She then played with her phone the whole journey. She did not move from the Galley at all. She was very lazy.
Would not fly American Airlines again. Its a pity that they co-share with qantasm