“My trip to Miami and back”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was my first time being on a airplane was glad to not be alone on my trip. The trip going to Miami was great. The plane arrived and left on time. A momentary traffic on take off, but other than that it was great. The people were nice and attentive. When I was leaving Miami, those people were rude. I'm sorry I missed my flight and that I had to walk 20 minutes to go the the correct gate. I did not once hear my name being called, but whatever America Airline. The lady who re-booked out flight was very rude and was muttering to herself. We were given our new tickets and went to the next lady who was also rude and not very attentive. I asked a simple question and she waved me away. I'm not a happy camper at this point. We waited and the last member we meet at Boston made our day. He was so nice and I wish I got his name. We were on the 4:30PM on April 17 gate 15 flight 2172 where we had to get our carry on checked in. He made sure our bag was checked in and made sure that we had a seat on the plane. We were treated like human being and not just another confused flyer. Thank you so much for making our day.

There are newer reviews for American Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I first took an flight from mtl to miami and then miami to panama city with this airline and I've experienced the worst customer service. First, I've seen that some passenger had some blankets with the logo of american airlines. I then asked the flight attendant if it would be possible to have one and she responded in the rudest way and laughing: pff! We don't do that here! I just said nothing then but felt really stupid for asking that question. Then comes the beverage service and I asked for a glass of water. That same flight attendant probably misheard and gave me an orange juice. I then asked a second time for a glass of water and she gave it to me. So I said that I will gave her back the glass of orange juice because I wouldn't drink it. She told me something that I didn't quite heard well as english isn't my first language, so I repeated that I won't drink it and she could take it back she then told me: well if its so difficult for you to hold on to that i'll just put it here for you and opened my neighbors tray and left the orange juice there. No smile from the employees never on both of my flights, reaally rude service also. Then, I had my flight back home with this airline also. So as I've purchased my ticket and havn't received any confirmation by email after 24 hours I decided to call the airline to see if I had my ticket. The lady told me not to worry and just to give a certain confirmation number when I'll get to the airport counter. The day of my flight I do everything like she told me and the guy tells me that there is no ticket for me and he doesn't know what happened but that I had to pay 40$ more for buying my ticket @ the airport for the airport fees. The problem wasn't even on my side!! I just hate the way they treat their customer. It was my first time with them and I decided to give them a second chance but definitely there won't be a third time because both of the times I had problem with them and ended up angry.

1  Thank Vronikaj
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very disappointed with American Airlines; their employee mistakes penalize the customer. I recently traveled on 8/18/17 from Liberia, Costa Rica to Mia and checked 1 bag. American's schedule forced an overnight layover in Miami. My final destination was LAX. When I checked the bag I was very adamant that I didn't want to pay $25 again for checking my bag because of their schedule. The representative (I have her name) repeatedly assured me that I woudln't, I would simply have to show my receipt in Miami. Well, after trying to recheck my bag in Miami, I was advised that the agent checked my bag under the wrong name (another passenger). I assured them I paid for the bag and had the receipt with my credit card number. After speaking with the not so friendly, unhelpful supervisor (I have her name too, even though she tried to cover her name tag when she noticed I was writing her name down), I again had to pay for my bag. it's bad enough that the airline is charging for international bags, but to charge me again for their employee's mistake is not great customer service.

Oh and it just wasn't the bag issue. The pilot blatantly lied about why we had to wait extra time on the tarmac before parking at the gate. His story, someone left their iPad in the lobby area and the aircraft already at the gate had to place the jet-way back so that the so that the passenger could retrieve it. I happen to be talking to someone else who took an American flight from Dallas Ft Worth on 8/19/17 and the pilot on that plane told the same story.

Oh and there is more. While waiting on 8/19/17 for bags of a family member from flight 2250 DFW-LAX, the agent never bothered to announce that the bags from the flight would be dropping in Terminal 5 instead of Terminal 4 which was posted at the Carousel and after I had asked her if the bags from that flight would be dropping in terminal 4.

I have another international trip (unfortunately already paid for) and miles to redeem, once I complete that I am done with American Airlines.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

over a decade ago, my husband and I were long-distance and we joined what was then US Airways to help offset the cost of traveling back and forth. We found value in having a membership # and later the credit card to maximize points/discounts. Great experiences back then, with the occasional free upgrades, good customer service, and reliable flights. Over the last few years, and especially since the merger, it seems the cost of tickets is increasing while the service, upgrades, legroom, and other perks, lessen. For this latest trip, we traded in miles for the tickets. We still ended up paying out of pocket to use our miles, the flight on the way back was delayed, and the perks no longer seem to be available. No emails in advance that first class or other upgrades were available, though it turns out there were a few empty seats on each flight. We used extra miles for the premium economy (I think that's what it's called), but it sure didn't seem as though there's any reason to do that. Other airlines we have recently used (Jet Blue, Delta, and SW) have offered lower costs, cleaner planes, more legroom, and discounted/complimentary drinks. The industry is struggling with customer service these days, time to step up the effort to earn customer loyalty.

There were two aspects of our latest trip that almost were enough for a 3 rather than 2 rating. 1) the flight attendants were all pleasant and 2) the customer care reps ended up giving some miles to us as an apology for the latest delay. Better than nothing, but in the few instances of inadequate service in the prior life of this airline, they were more generous with credits, upgrades, and other gestures demonstrative of exceptional customer care.

As to the cost of being a credit card member. No longer worth it since the last attempt by the airline to "make this program better." They made it harder to use miles, the priority boarding is now further back than before, and they traded companion passes for a $100 voucher. Clearly $100 voucher is WAY better than the old version of up to 2 additional tickets anywhere in the US for $99 each. Not so much.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Completely lack of customer service.
Hostess very rude and unprofessional.
Website is no working.
If you want to decide your seat, even if you want to pay for it, forget it! Because no one will give you the change to do it.
Very bad