“Misguided Advice”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We were booked through Charlotte to Southwest Florida. Upon arrival in Charlotte we were told multiple times that we could remain on the plane and it would continue on to Florida. It was also ok to get off. I'm 6'4" so I got off to stretch my legs and use restroom while my wife stayed in our seats. I happened to notice that the board was now showing San Antonio - not Southwest Florida! No text despite American app. No announcement, no nothing. We had to change gates and plane after being told otherwise. Terrible.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Very dissatisfied with this airline and have flown with them many times. My husband and I departed from RDU last Saturday morning at 6am heading to Punta Cana with layover in Charlotte to surprise some friends. We were 5 minutes from landing in CLT when the pilot announced we were returning to RDU in 15 min with no explanation and we had already been in the air for almost 30 min. We landed back at RDU, went straight to a gate where we were finally informed that due to fog we were unable to land. Ok, I understand due to Mother nature and safety reasons why that happened. Upon taking cell phone off of airplane mode got a text saying we had been rebooked on another flight leaving later out of CLT but going to Santo Domingo! Ummm, that is 3 hours away from where we were heading! Called AA while sitting on the plane and was rebooked on right flight out of CLT to PUJ. Well, didn't make that flight since the CLT tower didn't lift the fog ban and planes landing for an hour. We took back off from RDU at 9:15 and our next flight was at 9:55. Arrived in CLT, went to talk to agent who informed us that there were no more flights that day to PUJ and we would have to wait until Sunday, was offered a 15% discount coupon to local hotels. Ummm we paid to be be staying in Punta Cana that night not Charlotte. The agent was very rude and said we could go check with the international desk to see if we could maybe get booked on another airline. Upon asking various people who had no clue about said "international desk" found the supposed spot where the 2 agents there had no desire to help us, were very nasty and said anyone could have helped us! We had no choice but to spend the night in CLT on our own dime and fly out the next day losing valuable $ we had spent for our vacation. Then on our way back we got on the plane to discover a family decided they wanted to sit together and sit wherever they chose- in our seats!!!! They refused to move, didn't seem to matter to them that these were preferred seats that cost extra!!!! The nerve of some people, our flight attendant did not make them move but thanks to a young man who got up a couple rows back so me and my husband could sit together. I'm very disappointed in the way things were handled and how no one did anything to try and help us. Will not book AA again.

1  Thank cbk0405
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I have flown many times and I cannot say enough about this crew especially our flight attendant Natasha. She went above and beyond to make us comfortable we were only in New York for a short time after being completely exhausted she made sure we were as comfortable as possible. The crew even aloud one of our friends that was a passenger to announce that the Yankees had won which was the reason for our visit. They were so accommodating and polite. I will never fly anything other then America Airlines thank you so much to our flight attendant Natasha you were the best!!!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

On my return from Las Vegas to Cleveland I was pushed by the flight attendant to close my window shade during the movie. He instructed me several times to close it but I didn't. I really enjoy looking out of the window and it makes flying less claustrophobic. My wife was upset thinking the issue would escalate. It put a bad ending on a nice vacation. I contacted the airline and was sent a "canned" response with no personal attention. On the second part of the flight (Chicago to Cleveland) we were on Canadair (sponsored by AA). The condition of the plane was terrible. Much of the interior trim was damaged and the plane appeared old and filthy. You didn't feel the plane was safe due to the poor condition. During my business career I flew on many airlines but this happened to be my first (and last) time on AA. Use them as a last resort.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 October 2017

You are heartless and gutless American Airlines. When tragedy hits a city like Napa and when a large family event like my wife's 60th birthday celebration is derailed due to circumstances completely out of our control, I would have expected a more empathetic ear, especially when all of the airlines are being so heavily scrutinized by the world right now.

But not you guys. I got a long form letter saying there was nothing that could be done and when I asked to speak to a supervisor I got a drone on the other end that was typing another email as she was saying that she was authorized to speak on behalf of a supervisor and there is nothing that can be done for me or my family.

I didn't even want to cancel and get a refund. All I wanted was airline credit with no ticket exchange fee so we could rebook the trip after Napa got back on its feet. But noooo, that would be out of the scope of the rules and travel guidelines so nothing can be done to help me.

Well American, I guess the million miles I have flown with you personally and through corporations that didn't give me credit for the miles I flew with you over the years means absolutely NOTHING to you whatsoever. I can assure you that l i will do everything in my power never to use America Airlines again in the future, Your company has lost a very good customer that used to be loyal to you. No more. No heart and no compassion whatsoever. I am just a number without a face. And for that, you lose big time.

2  Thank Rick W