“Every Flight Late”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 19 October 2017

American Airlines USED to be a good dependable carrier, however that seems to have changed and they have come down to near the lowly levels of United.

This is the second time in the past two years that I have flown into Roswell with them (the only game in town). Last year they lost my luggage for five days, and were supposed to redirect it to Albuquerque when it arrived. Instead, it made 5 round trips between DFW and Roswell, being pried open each time by BOS security, even though the combination was painted on the suitcase.

This year, I managed to get everything into a carry-on, and though it had to be valet checked at each stop, it made it. Things went down hill on the return. I was scheduled to catch a 10:05 am flight to DFW, connecting with a 2:30 pm to Knoxville. Arriving early at the airport (8:30am)to check in my rental car, it was not long before it was announced that the flight would be delayed. After an hour or so, it was announced that the flight would not arrive until 12:20 pm, which it did. However, it had to set on the taxiway for half an hour or more as the LATE Phoenix flight was in front of the terminal, and they have no way, personnel, or equipment to handle more than one aircraft at a time.

When finally arriving in Dallas, I entered the American club room to get my ticket updated with the next flight to Knoxville (6+hours away). I was told unless I was a paid member, they would do nothing for me, even if I was flying first class, a platinum member, and facing a 6 hour wait. They offered to sell me a membership. I left and finally found an agent to take care of my ticket. When she heard my story, she called a supervisor, who arrived and said sorry, but did give me a 12 dollar voucher for food. That would have taken care of McDonalds, but probably no other eatery. The Mexican restaurant I ate in lowest price meal was $12.99.

So all in all, American has taken the path of most other airlines...little or no custumer service.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Had a problem during the hurricanes in September about changing my flight. Sent in a note about a change that I needed to do and both the C/S representative(wish I still had her name)that I spoke to and Ms. Mia Templeton for the main office will always rate 10+ stars with me for the most excellent service that I have had with an airlines. Not only was my flights adjusted to try to get me to my destination but they had been willing to cancel my ticket and refund me with no additional penalties or charges which I had never heard of before. I was so grateful for this additional option that was offered to me.All I can say is the Ms. Templeton is what customer service is all about and American Airlines is very lucky to have someone with her caring and knowledge in her position. Also the other representative that assisted me in the beginning was another that took the time to listen to what was going on, offer her assistance and direction and make a "could have been really expensive" problem become a ok, let see what we can do to make this right response.

Again thanks to both of these wonderful ladies for a job well done

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The baggage fees are ridiculous, upon booking a flight you would think that you're getting a deal, but in reality the first bag you want to check will cost you $25, the 2nd $35.

I also find it incredibly annoying how I wanted to change my flight the same day to an earlier flight, to one that had nearly 40 open seats on it, and they charged me $75 to do so. How ridiculous is that?

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

They announced boarding and suddenly saw the cargo side of the plane aa 192 burning. The flight was cancelled, It was a zoo out there, waiting for our baggages for hours ,need to check in for our flight the next day , they gave us a hotel and let us fly to different carrier the next day. Missed my meeting, my work, and of course had added personal expenses for staying overnight in hkg. When i arrived lax the next day. There were no apologies from AA. When i logged in to my advantage account, 15k miles was given to me as a customer service bonus . I emailed them, I said I have flown more than a million miles to them, been an executive platinum for a long time. Did not get an apology, they just put 15k miles in my account without telling me What's that for ( even though I know that's the service recovery from our flight ), still they have to inform me. I asked them for my personal expenses by staying overnight in hkg. My friend cant picked me up in lax so i have to pay uber $65. They said they don't cover that, I am shocked. I know it is not their fault it is an accident, but why would I pay extra for a shirt,extra underwear and uber ride since it is not my fault? It happened to me before when an airline made us stay overnight. They gave us $70 to $100 ( cant remember the value ). AA really messed up. I'm thankful we are still alive, but AS customer sucked big time.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Please explain why its even legal to have a plane so old that there aren't personal entertainment monitors for each seat? In 2017, we all have to watch tiny tv's hanging from the ceiling? This was one of the most uncomfortable flights I've taken in a very long time (internationally). Maybe we just happened to have the oldest plane that still works - who knows. Will pay more attention to airlines when booking future flights. It may be okay going to 2-3hrs, but international -- no way.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage