“I Just Wish AA Would Get Their Act Together”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed November 18, 2017

I have been flying for over 38 years with this carrier and most recently spent a fortune flying first class and then business class. There is not much difference frankly. The flight attendants wanted to be somewhere else. They just gathered in the galley where there was not really any edible food to eat. The service was slow and there was no food. This was an early morning flight from London to Dallas and they served gross dinner option(s) then the tea sandwiches or whatever they were were just awful. There was one nice flight attendant but the rest just looked down as they passed you by in the aisle. I do love the new uniforms and the stylish hat boxes but the rest has gone way down hill with an attitude. Get professional or get out of the business there are other carriers who provide better service.

Write a ReviewReviews (48,135)

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Booked Basic Economy through Kayak for only $44 one way. Had a flexible schedule and started looking ten days out, booked six days out. Restrictions are no access to over head bins, only underneath the seat at the purchase price. Good for a short trip if you can pack light. See AA website for full details. Seat assignment at check-in, got a middle seat about 2/3 of the way back. Aircraft on this trip had back of the seat entertainment. Nothing special about snacks. Last boarding group.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed November 18, 2017

I was NOT recognized as an EP by my flight attendant.... the first time in 3 coach flights this business trip... however, I took the initiative and let him know... so he did bring me wines and food!!!!!! HOWEVER, most of this write up will be about First Class (I was at the front of the plane in the bulkhead and could see and hear the treatment the First Class people were getting....OMG!!!! This flight attendant (a guy) was the BEST!!!!! I had never seen this before but he addressed the 8 First Class flyers all at one time, introducing himself at the beginning and then addressing them at the very end of the flight all together... I have never seen this type of respect and protocol before but I was very impressed with this perhaps new standard!!!! This FA makes me want to fly American every single time..... great job, even though you were not my FA!!!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Great flight, warmer wine!!!!! Great flight attendants!!!!!!! I love American people and the way I'm treated and the service they give!!!! I am going to have American tattooed on my right scapula!!!!! American is the best!!!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2017

OMG!!!!! Another revelation!!!! I had NO upgrade but was immediately recognized as an EP and given special treatment in Coach. The flight attendant solicited me with a Hi Gary, I see you are an EP!!!!! This was the second flight where this has happened!!!! Maybe this will be their new practice!!!!! I loved it!!! Free wines and food!!!! Thanks American!!!!!