“Quick uneventful flight ”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

I needed to return home pronto and American Airlines played a big part. I have been reluctant to fly to the USA and use American carriers due to the current political climate, many poor reviews, and horrible news stories of poorly treated fliers lately. I am relieved it was a non-eventful flight. Since it appeared to be a newer plane I was surprised it did not have smartphone charging options.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (41,726)

Reviewed November 19, 2017

Boarding process was super slow with a jammed up boarding line. There was no personal screen or charging outlet for the cellphone. Seats were small with ok legroom and had a decent sized pocket sleeve. We upgraded our seats to Row 16 for an additional $30 per person, but were still boarding group 7. Those who pay extra should be at least be in boarding group 3, and not the last group. Coffee was okay. Airline coffee cookies were better than the same ones sold at Costco. Overhead bin was a good size. At the end , there was a bit of a hard landing but overall friendly service and a decent flight

Reviewed November 19, 2017

It was Veteran's Day, and I was traveling home. I was still feeling the warm appreciation for Veterans, given at DFW airport as they honored a Medal Honor Recipient. Everything was running smooth (even our flight #0685) arrived to Charlotte from DFW 15 minutes early. Only to find out that the airport crew could not get the jet-bridge working. 15 minutes early quickly turned into a 30 minute wait on the plane. As passengers quietly became agitated, the pilot announced that were going to change gate locations. The passenger seated next to me asked the stewardess if the pilot could try to stall the other flights. Not knowing if his request would work, but seeing a slight delay on my next flight, gave me some hope. After I calmly waited for my turn to deplane, I bolted through the airport like the runner Usain (I probably could have beat his 220 dash). I ran from C gate to D gate, jut in time to see the gate staff going out the door. I yelled to them, as I was picking up the contents of my spilled bag, and was greeted with the words "You are fine! We won't leave you! Out of breath, I boarded the plane (#flight 5256) and found my seat. Five minutes after I was seated the pilot announced "As you all may know, we are past our departure time, but there was another flight delayed that had to move gates. Our flight has several passengers on the plane and we are not leaving them. Thank you for your patience.". I thought...I am here, only to realize that five other passengers were to arrive from the same flight that I was on. Second thought...I am Usain, I beat five other guys (only one looked older than me). Oh, I digressed. Anyway, wheels were finally up 45 minutes after the original departure. I don't recall anyone getting upset, because most passengers on flight #5256 were either Veterans, Active Service members or their dependents. I am not sure if the pilot understood the impression that he would make, but I am so thankful for his decision not to leave a Veteran behind. I would also like to send a shout of appreciation to the flight #0685 pilot for thinking of the passengers and calling ahead.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

4 hrs on their A321..the most cramped..uncomfortable flight ever taken...you can't even get relaxed..and they fly these sardine cans coast to coast too....I tell you swore off American 12 yrs ago after horrible experience. ..I'll walk from now on if this only way to go....good luck..service gone everywhere

Reviewed November 19, 2017

I do not expect much from an airline these days with most planes full to capacity. However, a polite response to a question seems reasonable.

It is easy to tell if a worker enjoys their work and I did not encounter any AA flight attendent that day who appeared to. Not good for paying customers, the airline or the workers.