“Flight To and From Cabo San Luis”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 10 December 2017

American Airlines from Palm Springs to Phoenix and on to Los Cabos was fine. Planes were modern, clean and service was as expected. Returning from Los Cabos to Phoenix, the plane was old, service was delayed, and general the flight wasn't very pleasant. From Phoenix into Palm Springs, the plane was modern and service was good.

Write a ReviewReviews (28,555)

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I received my itinerary in advance and was able to check in online, which made the check-in process simple. I received frequent updates and there were regular announcements at the terminal. My flight boarded quickly, took off and arrived on time. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank ThePickledPeddler
Reviewed 10 December 2017

The American Airlines flight from Sydney Australia to Los Angeles was very long, over 13 hours, but the plane was a big step up from other long distance flights I’ve subjected myself to. A good bit of legroom and seat width, luckily nobody in the seat between my window seat and the aisle seat. Good meals and snacks, and dozens on movies available to watch in the seat at no charge. I think I watched 5, including the interesting “The Big Sleep.” And read my book in between watching movies. We arrived at LAX at 5 am the next day, but it was the same calendar day as we had again crossed the International Date Line in the other direction, gaining a day. Unfortunately, the custom activity at LAX doesn’t start until after 6 am, so another hour plus waiting on the plane at the gate. Fairly quick pass through customs as I was carrying my luggage.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

My trip to Santiago started in Orange County CA and connected through Dallas.

The first flight was on a new 737 (one of my all time favorite commuter planes, but this one has been nicely re-designed especially in the cabin) and with very tall winglets for fuel efficiency. I am an Aerospace Engineer by formal training and really appreciate technical stuff like that.

My Dallas to Santiago connecting flight was on a 787. They've only been out a couple years so by definition they are all relatively new. The one thing you will love about a 787 is how quiet it is. I forgot to bring my Bose noise-cancelling headsets. But on this plane you really don't need them. I took a walk to stretch my legs and in the far back of the plane you could hold a conversation without feeling that you were competing with the noise of a wind tunnel.

But the best part of the DFW-SCL flight was that it was nowhere near full. I had the entire middle row of a 3-3-3 seating to myself ... and could lay down and sleep through the long 9 hour flight.

And the flight crews were wonderful. But as someone with nearly 2,000,000 miles on American, may I make a suggestion? Show some respect to the flight attendants and it will be returned in spades! Especially on these long haul flights they are essentially on their feet the whole flight. And while you may not find the meals, the seats, the legroom, the "whatever" as good as you might desire ... they are dealing with upwards of 300 demanding irritable travelers with picayune complaints. Most (not all) really appreciate being treated with the same respect and appreciation YOU want. Be nice and smile and just see how well they respond!

I really prefer to fly out Santa Ana / Orange County CA. It lacks the frenetic pace of LAX and just seems much more civil. Parking and luggage drop off are just a bit more convenient. And if your spouse or significant other is dropping you off at SNA from the southbound 55 Freeway, you literally have your own express lane drop off from the southbound 55-405 connect. How nice.

Finally, on American Airlines as well as ALL aircraft carriers, be nice to everyone and you will enjoy the flights better. In addition to your fellow passengers, the airline check-in agents and flight attendants deserve respect. And don't forget your TSA people either. They are ALL there to ensure YOUR SAFETY. Candidly, getting to your end destination safely is their primary concern. The rest is just a plus. Keep reminding yourself of this obvious, but much overlooked, fact. So whether you are the Chairman of the Board of a Fortune 10 Company or just a "regular Joe", follow their directions!

Enjoy your trip!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank help32250
Reviewed 10 December 2017

The flight incoming was delayed for an hour so we did not leave on time. The wait in Phoenix was over 2 hours, and when we left we had to go back to the gate for a medical emergency. That was ok but the additional time to put an extra 200 LBS of fuel on board I think was a waste of time since the plane should have had full fuel tanks already. The time to wait for the fuel truck and refueling was the time it would have taken to fly to Vegas. Which is only 45 minutes and only 300 miles away.