“I never thought I would want to switch back to Delta so wuickly”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

I fly every week. American contacted the company I work for and offered all of us a status match with Delta. We all switched last month. We will all be going back to Delta. Every week we all miss at least one connection due to non weather related issues (I understand weather issues.) Although friendly and courteous, it is obvious that from the gate agent to flight attendant to pilot to customer service - apologizing for their issues has become routine yet sincere - not something I want to continue to experience.

• In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,199)

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I landed in LaGuardia and went to reclaim our luggage. Our luggage never made it out so we went to the baggage office and spoke to a female behind the counter. At first there was 1 male and 1 female and then a few minutes later another male came into the picture. They must’ve just ordered lunch because they had a menu in your hands. I spoke to her about my luggage she looked it up on the computer and said that it was still in Philadelphia. So when I asked her what the problem was and why haven’t I received my luggage she furthermore told me that my luggage was not loaded on the plane because “they ran out of room on my flight.” They were rude in this office and it appeared that I was bothering them on your lunch break because I was not getting any assistance. Whenever I mention anything about my luggage she kept repeating “I did not lose your luggage that was them down there.” She also told us “I don’t care that wasn’t me I did my job.”They just wanted me out that office as fast as possible and I was not being assisted. Instead she was rude and disrespectful. So then I I asked her what were they going to do. She told me she filed the delay baggage receipt and to call them. I then left the office and proceeded to call the one 800 number on the delay baggage receipt. I spoke to a gentleman named Ray ( I now started to keep track of names) Who then tracked our bags and found out they were still in Philadelphia. He then helped us with getting us information on what to do next. I told him they were essentials that we needed from our suitcases and he then informed me go buy whatever it is that we need and save the receipts for reimbursement. He then told us that he will be able to get our bags to Bradley international airport and arrange the time to have them delivered so my wife and I would not have to miss work. The time was agreed there would be a 5pm drop off at my residence. he said they would call us a half an hour before to make sure we were home. He also told me found it very weird that the female in LaGuardia did not take my phone number email or information. That shows me that even another American Airlines employee did not agree with the way they treated me in LaGuardia they didn’t even care to get our information, nor take steps to assist us. On Monday I waited for The phone call for our luggage and did not receive it till about 545. I then spoke to Peyton from BDL and she informed me that my luggage was there and where did I want my luggage to be dropped off in the “outside” front of my house the side, or the rear. In that my luggage was going to be loaded and shipped out at 7:30 at night to give them 4 to 5 hours for delivery. My wife and I have to be up in the morning at 3 AM and the other at 4 AM. I don’t want my bags outside where they can be subject to theft or damaged with the rain outside. We cannot stay up waiting for my luggage to get here when it was a American Airlines at fault. And when I brought the fact up she told me it was not her fault. Not one person has excepted responsibility on behalf of their company American Airlines. One person says “we are up here not down there.” Everyone keeps passing the buck. Everyone keeps telling us it’s not their fault that my luggage was not on our flight. I then called the number on the delayed bag receipt again. This time I spoke to Leslie who apologize for our dilemma and told us that she doesn’t understand why anyone lied and told us a time that we’re going to get our luggage. Because there was no way of knowing when it was going to arrive. I told her that we just wanted our luggage and she told us we can go pick it up at Bradley international airport. My wife had a function for her work and had to end it early. To go to BDL to pick up our luggage which is a 45 minute ride to and another 45 to get back home. I’ve been in business a long time and I’ve never dealt with a company that keeps denying responsibility and making the customer feel like they’re responsible for the mistakes of American Airlines. All we have encountered were rude customer service reps that that have no accountability and zero compassion for the customer. I would like to speak to somebody about the poor customer service skills that were exhibited to us on what was supposed to be the return of a Memorable Romantic Valentine’s Day weekend getaway.
American Airlines representative named Rick called me back. He told me that there was nothing they can do for me that they would follow up on the complaints on the poor customer service. The American airline representative for customer relations was worse than the people at the baggage claim. I had to tell him a couple times look at the way you are talking to me, and wow if your supervisor and you’re acting like this no wonder the people in your baggage claim have poor customer service skills. He told me what did you want them to do? Go out to do grab your bags and bring them to your house for you. SMH. Never again will I fly American.

P.S. We fly ALOT and This was our first trip using American Airlines. This was not a pleasant first impression.

4  Thank Besito3
Reviewed February 20, 2018

No complaints - even arrived a bit early. Plane was full and crew serviced everyone with ease and made many trips through cabin.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

I flew to Pittsburgh from Memphis and had a layover in PHL on the return trip. I was bowled over with joy when I came down the hallway to see how high tech the American Airlines terminal was. The restaurants and even gate areas had iPads to order food and entertain throughout. There were also numerous charging stations at high bar tables. The flight itself had their new standard free in-flight movies and shows. I took advantage of a WiFi deal as a T-Mobile customer. The flight itself was smooth and the in flight snacks of Biscoff or Pretzels were tasty. The flight attendants were friendly and accommodating too.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Great Airline, lovely Staff was a little scared about flying but the Hostesses certainly put my mind at ease.

Date of travel: March 2017
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)