“ALWAYS A RUDE FLIGHT WITH AMERICAN”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed February 21, 2018

From check in at the airport through the flight I really felt like an animal.
I think it might be just an American thing but I find these people just rude.
I was 2lbs overweight at the check in. I flew from San Jose also with AA the previous day had to stay overnight, so stayed at an airport hotel, for convenience. So with the same airline with a cintinuing flight I was now over weight. I weighed my bags myself before boarding the flight at San Jose and I was under weight, the scale at San Jose Costa Rica gave me a slightly higher weight but as the check in assistant said nothing neither did I. Then amazingly enough my bags appeared to get heavier even though NOTHING was added, upon check in at Miami. I suggested that perhaps the scale needed calibrating, but I was rudly told in a stern voice YOU ARE TWO POUNDS OVER WEIGHT, either remove two lbs or I will charge you $200 USD. I removed a pair of safety shoes which I had only purchased they weighed 2.5 pounds, so as I had no extra bag I simply left them at the airport. The shoes cost less than $200 USD. Actually I had to purchase another pair at $60 so my shoes cost $120 USD altogther, but still cheaper than the baggage charge of $200 USD. However it is just simply the inflexibility of this airline and in deed those working for the airline. It is a terrible airline at the best of time which I do my best to avoid travelling on if I can. Suggest all you to do the same.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (39,784)

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Half hour delay due to construction in Phoenix. Otherwise great. Good price, even with the extra leg room option, which was well worth it. Attentive staff, especially when one passenger got sick. The pilot gave us a few updates.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

After I got through TSA I was met with friendly faces at Check In and boarding. The crew on the Airplane was very professional. They helped everyone get their seat and luggage stored. This is one of the most helpful crews I have ever been around. Great Airline and I will fly them on next trip.

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

All went very well . We had a short layover in Charlotte NC but we departed on time and arrived a bit early on both flights - my favorite flight is a Uneventful flight .

We also returned from Miami with the same results...

Reviewed February 21, 2018

These flights (down and back) went very smoothly at the Christmas holidays, no less. There was only one small hitch and that was on our last leg returning home, it seems we were missing a flight attendant. After about a 30 minute delay, they were able to secure one from another flight.

Overall we've been pleased with American, the only thing we can whine about is their constant tinkering with the flight schedules. they seem to do it more often than the other airlines.