“Unnecessary Cancellation of Flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed February 22, 2018

My wife and I were kicked off a scheduled international flight only a few hours prior to takeoff. We were rebooked for a full day later. The stated reason was that the flight was cancelled. It wasn't. They had resold our seats. No compensation was given. To anyone that has been mistreated by American Airlines, I recommend that they initiate a small claims lawsuit. The cost is small. You should list American Airlines and their CEO, Doug Parker, as co-defendants. That is the only way to fight back!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (40,119)

Reviewed February 22, 2018

We flew to Aruba with a stop over in New Jersey. We were not sure what to expect based on previous reviews. However we were very happy. The flights ran very efficiently. Drinks and snacks were given out. We were given the option to bring on food or purchase a few meal type options. I was very happy with our experience.

I just think that since they have the TV in front of your seat you should have access to the internet the entire flight not just over USA. Being able to stream a movie on the kids IPAD makes a huge difference.

Also so many people pack small suitcases to not have to pay for baggage. I do not see why you charge

Reviewed February 22, 2018

The flight attendents were very polite and attentive to the passengers, The captain made updates as we went and it made someone like me feel alot better as I have some fear issues in flying so American is the only way I fly

Reviewed February 22, 2018

Check-in at the ticket counter went smoothly. The flight itself, operated by American Eagle using a small aircraft, was uneventful and I even had an empty seat next to me. Pre-Boarding could have been handled better, however. About 15 minutes prior to boarding, passengers in the waiting area were told that the check-in desk had been informed that no carry-on luggage would be allowed and must be left on the boarding ramp for valet service. This seemed to catch most passengers by surprise. People were concerned who had packed medications or valuable and fragile items in their carry-ons. Many also had carry-on bags that would have fit in the bins on a full-size aircraft, but not this type. American Airlines should have notified passengers when they made their reservations that there would be such restrictions so they could have packed accordingly or looked for alternative flights. As it turned out, the valet service seemed to work well and bags were waiting as we existed. But, after that there was some confusion about which carousel was being used to retrieve the checked bags. Some arrived on #12, but after bags stopped arriving on that carrousel a number of passengers were left wondering where their bags were. It was not until 15 minutes later that one of the skycaps pointed out that the remainingbags were arriving two carousels farther down.

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Our connecting flight was leaving Phoenix 1 hour after landing and heading to Sacramento. When we landed in Phoenix, we sat on the tarmac for 20 minutes waiting for another plane to move from our gate. There were others on our plan with the same issue. Going through customs as well as another security check was going to take time. We’ve made it many times before but this time was hectic.
1st and biggest issue - American did not ask everyone to stay seated while close connecting flight passengers were let off first. 2nd - for some unknown reason we didn’t get PreCheck in our tickets. Our tickets from Sac to Phx and Phx to Cabo going to cabo as well as cabo to Phx coming home were all PreCheck. Phoenix to Sac was not.
3rd - a very old gentleman at security decided to take my bag apart for an unknown item. I asked him very nicely what he was looking for so I could tell him where to find it. He said “stand back and do not touch this bag”. Seriously? At least be nice. I told him we were in a hurry and I’d appreciate him not unpacking my bag and hat our flight was currently boarding. He eventually found a magnification mirror and asked me what it was. He was attempting to open it but couldn’t. He asked how to open it, what it was, and if it was electronic I said a mirror and no. Would you like me o open it? He finally gave it to me and I opened it. It pulls up so you can set it on a dresser and not hold it. He said that extension, plastic bar, looked suspicious.
I shut the mirror, packed my bag, and said thanks for keeping us safe. We literally ran to our gate and boarded as the doors were closing. No - they were not waiting for us. Incredible!! American lands on time, waits for access to a gate which makes them late, doesn’t help us in any way. AND why didn’t my last leg of a 4 leg trip NOT get PreCheck??
Very frustrating way to end our trip.
On another note, since we arrived at the airport in Mexico early, we asked American if it would help them if we took the flight that was leaving in 45 minutes since it was only half full. They said sure for $200 per ticket. Wow - trying to do them a favor