“Nothing Like Business Class”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After waking up quite early in order to get to the airport, this flight was very comfortable.
It provided for a relaxing time with a tasty meal and friendly service. I was able to enjoy three movies using great headphones.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,005)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had such an amazing flight attendant serving me in coach! She said of those of us in the exit row "these are my people" right after the safety briefing. She again remarked this when serving us drinks with her fellow flight attendant. She was so friendly, and it really made an impression. The one downside of the flight was that the personal television at my seat wasn't working. The wi-fit was at least fast as it was the ViaSat wi-fi. The legroom in the exit row was unlimited and awesome!

Overall, a very enjoyable coach flight thanks to this amazing soul!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had 3 flights going to Flagstaff and 2 going back to Seattle. Out of the 5 only one was on time. 1flight was cancelled and the others were delayed by at least an hour and a half. The employees I interacted with to get into another flight came across as unconcerned that due to their delays I missed 2 connecting flights. In one case had to wait from 10 pm until 8:20 am the next morning to get into a flight to Flagstaff. All I was offered was a voucher to get a discount at a local Phoenix hotel. Since another hotel room was not in my vacation budget I say in the airport all night. I will NOT be flying with American Airlines again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Every source of info stated flight “On time” right up to the actual FLIGHT time - didn’t appreciate the false info as the plane wasn’t there so why not let passengers know ASAP. Even more frustrating - anticipated this due to recent tardy record of this particular flight, so with only 1 hour between making an international connection, called AA twice the night before desperately trying to go standby on earlier flight that had 13 open seats while my flight was full. Agent agreed with me that there are likely people who want to get on my flight but refused to move me to earlier open flight unless I used 20,000 additional Aadvantage miles per ticket. “No seats available in economy class” so they opted for a bad business decision, flying the earlier flight with empty seats, which of course caused us to miss connection to Madrid by sticking with later flight. Rebooked on flight to Heathrow on British Air with 2 hour wait and 3-1/2 hour arrival delay at final destination. Explicity told rebook AA agent to make sure checked bags go with us, not held for the next Madrid flight. Of course, didnt see our bags for 49 hours after landing in final destination. Final leg was on Iberia to Mallorca so American refused to provide information saying it was Iberia’s responsibility to track bags although American botched this. Now home, American is saying we need to file a Claim with British Air for necessities purchased when we had no luggage and “sorry to hear we had problems caused by OTHER airlines.” Return trip equally bad. Flew 9 hour AA flight from Madrid to Philly then sat on runway ONE HOUR because no gate. Once again ran through airport to make final leg. Icing on cake- Didn’t see our bags until 4 days after being home. Still, “sorry to hear about your issues while flying on other airlines.” They REALLY say this in response to my complaint.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Normally we don't fly American Airlines because out of our gateway city, they offer fewer flights and then after you throw on their fees for pretty much anything is a lot more $$$ wise. However, on this one trip, they did have the best travel times is why we booked it. However, after all of their baggage fees, seat fees, etc, we ended up paying over $800 more. Furthermore, on the return flight, it had us doing an overnight layover at DFW but when we got to DFW at 7 pm they had a flight to BHM with 12 empty seats leaving at 9pm. We tried to just do a stand by so we could get home that night, but was told since our ticket wasn't same day, they couldn't put us on stand by. So that flight left with 12 empty seats and we had to get a hotel for the night. I'm pretty sure we will probably fly AA again at some point, but it will be the very last resort.