“Seating”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our holiday to Philidelphia was booked through a travel agent. Arriving 3 hours before flight time we realised we were not sitting together. I am a nervous flyer and to not have my Husband beside me was horrible. We did not cause a fuss but one of the male staff noticed I was upset and asked someone to swap seats. I believe it is a ploy to get people to pay to change seats. We had the same trouble traveling from las vegas to Philidelphia.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,019)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I usually give airlines the benefit of the doubt, but not this time.

First leg from St. Louis to LAX was uneventful. It was a newly refitted 737. Nice flight. On time.
Second leg and 3rd leg, to and from LAX and Maui, the plane was incredibly cramped. I thought they usually put larger, wide-bodied airplanes on long flights. Not so. I even paid for "main cabin extra" and still felt cramped and claustrophobic. The flight attendants were unfriendly and seemed to be just "going through the drill." I know it's a tough job but they need to remember each passenger is a new customer and to treat them that way.
The gate agent at LAX on the trip to Maui was extremely rude.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we choose to go economy class for the whole flight we prepared for it to be slightly uncomfortable. But we were surprised that the planes we took, there and back, had a lot of room and was spacious for us. They also had movies playing on all the flights.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First flight cancelled. Next was delayed and almost did not make my connection. Luggage was "misplaced" arrived at my house very late and had 2 broken items inside which were very old

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight overall was okay. I am a One World Saphire member, so I got extra leg room for free. Seats are comfortable. But the toilet was not clean. It was wet when I used it before take off.

In Los Angles, the plane lands at a remote terminal and you are shuttled to either terminal 5 or 4. To pick up luggage, you have to go to terminal 5. for this, it is not so convenient

During take off, the announcement said it is operated by American Eagle.