“just ok”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

American Airlines is usually my second choice for flying. I did not like all the unused seating that was only available for upcharge purchase. And I was forced to check my carry on at the gate for the flight when I have carried on the exact same luggage before. But they did have free up to date movies and the crew was very hospitable

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,781)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I fly often, and group 6 with American Airlines has never been asked to check rollerboards. However, on this flight, the overhead compartments became full during group 5 boarding. Obviously, early boarding passengers were storing all of their belongings in the overhead and the flight crew was allowing them to do it. If the airline has a rule for storage of carry-on luggage that is not enforced, then it may as well not have the rule. Don't be suprised if you are required to check a bag in group 6 - and possibly loose the bag if it's mishandled. Remember to remove anything you will absolutely need from your carry-on before handing it over.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew an overnight flight from Orlando through Philadelphia to Venice. Everyone that we encountered from check in, to gate agents through flight crew were friendly and efficient. The flight had some turbulence but the pilot did a good job getting us out of it. Food was typical of airline food. Not great, but better than pretzels and peanuts. I especially like the tv and games in the seat back for such a long flight. American is my first choice for European itineraries. We paid extra for the emergency row, but as it was in the bulkhead it was right by the bathrooms.People coming and going all night and the light on in the bathroom didn't help us to get any sleep. I would recommend getting an exit row away from the bathrooms.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not the first time I've been bumped, but the first time I was forced back out into the non-secure area to re-enter at 5:30 am. I felt I was treated like a piece of luggage; however, my luggage made it to Savannah the day before I did! Caused increased expenses in parking and delayed getting to work on time. When will I learn my lesson to not use American Airlines again? Rhetorical question.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flight went well and was on time. I do think the baggage charges are a bit out of line, but overall a good trip.

Date of travel: August 2018