“Smooth flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a great flight because it was the pilots last flight. I knew it would be a smooth flight when he announced his wife and daughter were on the flight. When we got to the Charlotte airport two fire trucks made an arch of water and the plane went under it, a traditional the pilot explained when a pilot retires. The only thing I don't like about flying is there is not enough leg room.

Date of travel: May 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,717)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My flight was from Jackson to Phoenix, with a connecting flight in Dallas. Our flight to Dallas was 5932. There was a weather delay and we were told we would miss our connecting flight in Dallas and that we would “have to figure it out.” When we arrived in Dallas we were notified that our connecting flight was also delayed, so we were overjoyed that we would make the flight. After running to the terminal, we learned that there was an electronic issue aboard flight 556 to Phoenix that they working to resolve. This announcement was repeated over the next two hours. The next announcement said that the plane was out of order and they were looking for another flight. Then another announcement saying that was incorrect and that they were still working to fix the original electronic issue. After another hour goes by we were all given hotel vouchers and were booked on the same flight for the next morning at 9:00. We arrived at the terminal on time for the flight. After a thirty min delay, an announcement arrived that the pilots had not arrived. Then another 30 min: “there is an electronic issue.” After another two hours they said that the plane was out of service. We were told that all remaining flights to Phoenix were full and we were routed to customer service. I was told that there were 4 seats left on a flight to Phoenix about 5 terminals down and were given new boarding passes. After me and my wife get there as fast as we could, we were told that the flight was already gone. At this point my wife collapses, sobbing. You see, she only gets two days this year for personal reasons and one has already been wasted in an airport. Not to mention what our plans for this trip were, which I will get to in a min. Anyway we go back to customer service and they get us on a flight to El Paso to Phoenix flight 2399. When we boarded the plane in El Paso, we sat on the tarmac for 45 min with no air conditioning. Babies were crying, the flight attendant even made the comment that passengers should not be treated this way. Some staff during this process were rude, some were very gracious and helpful, like Sally from customer service at the Dallas airport. Now let’s talk about expenses. I have invested in a continuing eduction course in Scottsdale for Nov 8 and 9 for a total of $3,000. I missed one of those training days. I took off of work for the remainder of the week. I realize you don’t care about these things, but these inconveniences resulted from your poor systems and protocols and lack of communication. I look forward to your response.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked with them to fly from Boston to JFK NY on the way to Nairobi, Kenya. I personally think they already knew they did not have any flights that day to go to JFK but they took my booking anyway. They have recently done the same to a family friend. After a few days they told me they will have to change my fly into LaGuardia instead. I called them to enquire about my baggage fee, and they said I will have to pay a domestic fee. Several calls to try and change the booking to make it work for me have been fruitful. They treat you like a criminal. I understand the travel agent has been trying to call them for changes for a whole week now but they do not respond. Seriously??

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Because the plane narrows the seats do not go flat - you pay for a flat bed ($6000 in this case for Philadelphia to London) and you get a ridge that cuts off the circulation so you can’t sleep - 1A is normally the premium seat and it’s a total joke. If it was a school engineering project you would give it an F. But someone actually designed this ! If you can not measure a seat I dread to think how safe everything else is.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just update the planes like the jet blue I flew home from LA. Very sleek and classy. AA has been around much longer and should lead on all aspects of flying.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)