“First Class Lavatory”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed November 16, 2018

I love the new 777 First Class configuration of 1-2-1. If you’re flying alone the single seat is the best. You get a lie flat seat and don’t have to look or be near any other person. There are some nice storage compartments for your inflight personal items too. The seat is a little tight for larger people and feels like what a coffin might feel like, but without the cushy pillows. The best part of the flight was the nice big lavatory in first class with a sliding door. That means you open the door and step into a nice space without having to be a contortionist and you can urinate like a man without having to lean way back or hunker down. Please be considerate and raise the seat before you go and replace it after you are finished. The Flight Attendants were nice and accommodating. American Airlines has had some not so nice ones in the past and this was a nice change. Notice to Flight Attendants: Some people are hearing impaired (like me) in one or both ears so don’t get all huffy if we can’t hear what you are asking us.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,219)

Reviewed November 16, 2018

Not an overly long flight. Boarded on time. Like the way the carry on baggage rules are followed. Very nice staff as well.

Reviewed November 16, 2018

The Boeing 737-800 seats 13A and 13B were absolutely constricted.Our seats had restricted under seat storage and legroom due to the position of an entertainment equipment box and would not recline but rather lean you forward.There should be an advisory concerning these seats.The passenger can be made aware that these seats are very constricted, especially when a person reclines their seats and yours doesn’t. I purchased at least 6" between my knees and the seat pocket in front of me.I am 5’5”, with a small frame, not requiring so much space; but after takeoff the person in front of me steals half of the space in front of me. Those 6" were mine for a few minutes, now it’s down to 3", since I can’t recline and gain some space. It rendered me unmovable for the entire duration of the flight. Especially when the use of the tray table is cut in half, my drink, snack and purchased meal had to be place on the fold.I had to juggle my drink and specified items hoping that they would not become part of my attire. Well, with the turbulence and front seat movement it was bound to happen.The entertainment monitor was unusable since the screen was so close to my face. I was molded to the seat, a prisoner in a space fit for sardines. I dropped my device on the floor, there was no way to bend down and pick it up, since I was wearing the seat.Legroom was practically nonexistent. As a result of not having room to stretch my legs for me, as a diabetic, resulted in my ankles swelling terribly on this flight. I was miserable. I could not wait to get out of that cramped coffin.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank MACWM
Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

AA cancelled our flight to Dulles airport from Dallas bc they said we missed the previous flight. As we tried to explain to the staff that when we called the lady to say we couldn't make the flight she never informed us that the other flights would be canceled.When we tried to talk to the staff on the phone, they were rude to me and even hung up on me. They left us stranded in Dallas-Fort. I will never travel with AA again and plan to sue them.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed November 16, 2018

We left out of Tucson at 11:30 pm, arriving in Charlotte, NC at 6:22 am. We were rather concerned about catching our next flight leaving at 7:05 am but that was not a problem. We arrived early in Charlotte so there was more than enough time to catch our next flight to Miami. In Miami we had enough time to relax and have a bit to eat before catching our last leg to Grenada. All the flights were very smooth with no turbulence whatsoever. Flight attendants were most attentive. We enjoyed our trip immensely.