“Relaxing flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

The red eye from Honolulu was relaxing and enjoyable as there was no meal service and only a drink service after take off. The extra leg room in economy was worth the extra money! We brought our own food to fill the stomach prior to the drink service so had a relaxing sleep all the way to Los Angeles.

1  Thank eugenemt
Write a reviewReviews (72,299)

Reviewed February 27, 2020

Well, this was not a comfortable flight! Flight attendants were grumpy, we had meal service and 1 extra pass through the cabin with water. That was it! 13 plus hours and they served drinks with the food service, but just one extra pass with a cup of water. Definitely was not the experience we had on United Airlines coming back. United offered bottles of water and gave us the whole can of soda when you wanted it. Absolutely look for the United flights!

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed February 27, 2020

I was traveling with my mother who needed wheel chair assistance, comfortable and accessible seating. Miraculously the check in process went smoothly, our seats were comfortable. Accessibility to the bathroom was not as convenient as the closest bathroom was in first class. However, they did have a Handicap bathroom which was surprisingly super roomy! This was one of the few no hassle experiences. I think I rather have the comfort and customer service with American and pay the extra money than with the no frills airlines. The seat was so comfortable compared to my flight back with another airline.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

On Feb 12, 2020 I was returning from a trip to Seattle with my son. We were flying from Seattle to Dallas. Our flight got delayed twice for no reason. I've looked at the weather app radar and there were no storms nor any weather inconveniences on the way.
When we were supposed to board according to the second delayed scheduled time, there was no actual airplane at the gate, but 45 minutes later an airplane arrives.
It was disembarked and it took another 30 minutes to clean it.
After we finally boarded around 7:18 PM, we were told every 15 minutes that we were leaving.
However, four announcements later and actually 1 hour something after, the pilot finnaly acknowledged that they were fixing the reverse thruster.
Long story short we departed 5 hours after the scheduled departing time and landed 4 hours after the scheduled time.
Being in the airport for so many hours till 7:18 PM when we physically boarded, we have encountered additional expenses such as; drinks, snacks and an unplanned early dinner.
I also had to cancel the initial SUV scheduled to pick us up in Dallas at 9:45PM and schedule another for 11:30PM, then cancel it again and schedule another for 12:45AM which resulted in two additional charges.
Then, I had to pay a pet sitting service 2 extra trips to my house to walk my dogs.
This was a total nightmare.
Not to mention that my son panicked really bad and wanted out of the airplane after realising that they were repairing the airplane and the pilot kept lying to us. He was extremely scared during the whole flight that actually something bad might happen and we should have not accepted flying in an airplane fixed on the tarmac. We did file a complaint with AA for compensation, but were told that if the flight occurred they don't compensate. Was a great learning lesson, in the future will fly Southwest where no one nickel and dime you for baggage and whatnot. AA charges extra for sports equipment on domestic flights. We were told the skis fly free, but for the ski boots we have to pay, even though on the web site it says skis and ski boots are considered one bag and there no fee chart. Couldn't argue with untrained AA personnel in the airport so we paid extra baggage fees. Like I've said, we will avoid American Airlines in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

The staff on the ground was super friendly- they oversold the plane so I volunteered my seat. Just didn’t get that same friendly personality from the flight attendants. 4 flights with layovers and they were all kind of the same- ground crew friendly, flight crew- not so much. I just felt like a bother.

2  Thank mckenzim1322
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.