“Mostly a good flight, except that one lady BEFORE we went through security on the way home”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed March 10, 2020

Good routine flight from Minneapolis to Dallas, then on to Los Angeles. Basic economy improved since the last time. We could only have one bag to put under the seat and couldn’t use the overhead compartment. Now we could use both the overhead and have a bag under the seat.

The only problem was at LAX to come home. Before we even entered the security line, we encountered a lady who made us rearrange suitcases that fit in the template before rearranged them, called my jacket and hat a carry one(which made 3 carry ones?). When I put my carry one in the template again, said it still didn’t fit. I said it’s all they way to the bottom of the template. We grabbed our bag and went up the escalator to security. That incident made me stressed out, and I hadn’t even been through security. After that back through Dallas and home to Minneapolis it was a good flight.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (72,182)

Reviewed March 10, 2020

I live in Charlotte so AA is really the airline here as they chased off every competitor and made the city give in to all their demands or they would leave. (Ha!) I travel enough (business and Pleasure) to maintain gold status, but all that allows me to do is get on quicker and have overhead luggage space. They send me bonus miles that can be used for upgrades to first class, but their are so many Platinum and Executive Platinum members my bonuses mean nothing as I can never get an upgrade, even over the past 2 years. Their seats are tight and they seem to fly the older version planes out of Charlotte and the newer ones out of Dallas. I wish I had some better alternatives but like I said they chased all the reasonable or discounted airlines out. I really find it hard to believe the government allowed these mergers, as all it did was raise fares for all. AA stated they need increases in tickets due to fuel prices, I agreed at the time when gas prices were approaching $4.00 per gallon, now it's half that and the flights aren't coming down, they still charge baggage fees, and seat fees, all the while reporting huge profits. If your going to tie your excuses to fuel then start lowering the fares in accordance. They also make sure they fill every seat, and over book, which should be against the law, as with allowing no cancellations with refund, they don't lose money. Prior to them merging with US Air, my average flight was around $260.00, , after the merger it jumped to $525 and hasn't come down, no matter where I go. You asked i provided.

Reviewed March 10, 2020

5 of us were flying from Vegas to Tahoe via LA. I spent 350$ to upgrade us to assure a seat in the front of the plane to help assure we make the short connection (we were assured by AA ticketing we would make it). The 350$ upgrade was for a seat in the front of the main cabin, early boarding, and complimentary alcoholic drinks,, not much for 350$ but I had to assure we could get off the first plane quickly to make the connection.
at the gate they boarded everyone together after first class, ( no benefit here) the plane was half empty (no benefit here) and the attendants never offered us anything, much less alcoholic drinks (no benefit here). What did I get for my 350$?????

Date of travel: March 2020
1  Thank diane f
Reviewed March 10, 2020

Flight was two hours late leaving Cleveland. No reason was given for being late, the weather was not a factor. This means that all connecting flights were missed. I ended up in Miami and had to spend the night there. The next day I continued on the Dominican Republic. I missed my connection to the resort, because I was a day late and then after arriving at resort, I found out they gave my reservation to someone else because I was a day late. Thanks to American Airlines for nothing.

Reviewed March 10, 2020

Great flight to Washington DC. From check in to arrival everything and everybody was on point. Service aboard the craft was impeccable.

Date of travel: March 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.