“OLDER PLANES FOR SHORT HAUL”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Overall, it was a pleasant experience to fly the short haul in a older A330 which is somewhat of a medium wide body design.

Services were all great on the check-in since ANA offers a priority lane for Business class passengers to bypass the long line so it took less than 15 minutes to go through custom and security.

The lounge is pretty substandard at KIX for this flight although I have been in better ANA lounges in NRT, HND and KIX.

The short flight was not particularly memorable.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,474)

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

My brother in law and I connected from Canada to Naha on ANA. The flight crew were very friendly and extremely attentive to our needs. I’ve never seen an Airline crew so diligently working at their jobs and tasks. Their attention to detail was notably impressive. My brother in law mentioned it to me as well. This was my first time flying with ANA and would not hesitate to fly with them again. Thanks ANA!

Reviewed November 16, 2017

The ANA staff are very nice and accommodate your smallest requests. The flights (2 legs) were comfortable and on time, which is what I look for when travelling.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

ANA in flight service and food are always good as usual. So far we have no delay or cancel problem (transit in NTR) ) for the past 10+ years. I believe all the bad comments on delay arrangement or asking upgrade problem. They just ONLY follow the rules and instruction (same as in hotel) and won't do or change anything, won't have any complementary or any compensation. I wonder if they change the connection flight in another airport, will they provide the free transportation / shuttle?

Date of travel: September 2017
1  Thank NyBluebonnet
Reviewed November 13, 2017

I found ANA Airlines very difficult to work with. I booked an award ticket using American Express miles and paid for first class travel on ANA from San Francisco/Narita/Bangkok and back. I was in first class and business class on my outbound flight but was put in economy for the second leg of the return. As I booked almost three months in advance I was encouraged by all the ANA representatives that there was a very good possibility of an upgrade to the class I had booked. I called numerous times, almost daily, and was continually told to keep checking in. I was also encouraged to check in at the airport on the day of my departure. With no luck on the date of my return flight I checked in, as instructed, at the Bangkok airport. I was told that they could not assist me there and it was best to check in when I arrived in Narita. Once in Japan I was informed that they were not showing any availability but anyway could not make adjustments so close to boarding, I asked why their agents in Bangkok did not give me this information and asked about standby. I was then told that they would not change my seat even if there was a vacancy in business or first at departure. This makes no sense as I had paid for this class of ticket. They explained to me it would be too difficult for them to adjust my ticket so late but I have had other airlines offer this service. This is not the quality I expected from ANA. The representatives in Bangkok and their call center gave me incorrect and conflicting information and the whole experience was very frustrating and unpleasant. One of my most disappointing flights ever! I gave them two stars instead of one only because there were no problems with the outbound flight.

Date of travel: October 2017