“Good way to start our tour to Peru !”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed January 15, 2018

We got unexpected upgrade to Business Class. Food was OK, although the stewardess said she didn't know what she served in front of us when we asked. Seat is basic, but very much OK for short flight. The scenery before we landed in Cusco was breath-taking, couldn't be happier !

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,022)

Reviewed January 15, 2018

From the moment we set foot on the plane in San Juan, the staff was very friendly, helpful and service oriented. Food, drinks, and overall business class experience was at the level of first class. However the Bogota Airport was somewhat different. Although it was clean, and nice the overall service within the airport and terminal was at deficient. Our flight from PR was kjust delayed five minutes from its departure time and since the Bogota Airport is so big and poorly identified by the time we cleared customs and THREE security points we lost our connection to Cartagena. We had 1hr and 13 minutes for all of this and we arrived seven minutes before departure time and the front counter lady told us we lost the flight and that there were no more flights that night. After another run around the terminal we were able to board the LAST flight to Cartagena, from the same terminal that previously we were advise that there would not be any more flights that night. Definitely poor service from the lady at the front desk because she was even there thus, she could have helped us with our changed in flight. Needless to say that our luggage did not make it to Cartagena with us, However it arrived the next day and just four hours from the time we were promised they would arrived at tour hotel. (Although after the previous night experience we went to the airport to pick up our luggage).

All other connecting flights and the flight back to PR were excellent experience. A Recommendation would be to not book less that two (2) hours connections in the Bogota Airport.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

3 days before my schedule departure I receive an email saying my flight time had been changed, nothing more than that. Luckily I was paying attention and realized that them changing my flight would give me only a 20 minute connection in Bogota so it wasn't a schedule change it was a full on cancelation of my trip. When I allied to address my issue they said I could leave a day earlier (I was not in the city and was more than 20 hours on bus) and so this was not an option and option 2 was to leave a day later and rarer than having 17 hour journey it would jump to over 30 hours getting me home more than 48 hours of my requested arrival date on December 22 one of the busiest travel days of the year. After over 5 hours on the phone and everyone trying to help but there were no options (as they would not allow me to change my departure airport) because then I would have to pay $1,800 because I was requesting this change (because they had no options for me) I was told I could get a refund on the flight while still maintaining my return flight. I decided to do this as the agent made it seem like it would be an easy refund... well a month later and still haven't heard anything when I called I was told to do the refund online (which I did) and then keep calling to check on the status and no one can help me. I know traveling is stressful and as someone who travels on 10-30 flights a year I can say this is BY FAR the absolute worst experience I have ever had with an airline. If you have other options DO NOT FLY AVIANCA!

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

I was schedule to fly Montevideo to bogota, bogota to Boston. 3 weeks before my flight I got an email saying the time c

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Was scheduled to fly on the evening of 10/07/2017. Arrived at Logan about 2 hours ahead of flight, only to learn there was a pilot's strike, and they weren't flying. The airline staff were apologetic and immediately booked me a room at a decent area hotel, and a replacement fare, on another airline, 12 hours later. No complaint from me; they responded professionally, courteously, and quickly, minimizing impact on my travel plans. I'd use them again.