“Very good”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed January 19, 2018

The flight was very good we left a few minutes late but that was all. Soon settled down to drinks. Not long after that we had a meal. The meal was acceptable for a flight. It was a night time flight so we settled down to try and rest. I am not a sleeper on a long flight so was able to watch films and music. Stewards and stewardesses were thoughtful and came round with orange and water during the night. We then had a light breakfast atrriving on time.

Date of travel: January 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (38,733)

Reviewed January 19, 2018

This airline is going to end up as a case study in business schools of how not to do it! I used to have some sympathy for their troubles but that's long since gone I'm afraid. Their website is simply dreadful and feels like it was designed by someone that has never traveled at all. Trying to get information is simply laughable. 'Theses flights have already flown' being my favourite when they obviously haven't. Don't even think about using their multi destination application to try and book a flight as if they don't fly there they don't connect with anyone that does! Really - the technology is so out of date. London - Hong Kong - Bangkok - London is a fairly standard business trip. Just don't to book it with BA. Then the joy of excess charges - exactly the same suitcases with same content (not even a souvenir!) adds an expensive 5 kilo. The loyalty program is a complete joke and BA don't seem to use any technology that can forecast your likely future travel as a passenger. Don't travel for a couple of weeks and they don't care. Yes you to can fly around the world the equivalent of 6 times and still lose your access to business lounges. Go figure. 3 days to change a password - I am crying with laughter. Then you have the poor old (new crew) apparently fondly known as the super shiny fleet. BA pay them nothing and seem to have completely missed failing enough of them during training. Bring back the oldies who new what customer service was about or at least train these guys in it! About to book a flight back to San Diego and these guys will be bottom of the list. They did'nt even get on the list for my London - Hong Kong - Bangkok - London trip. Fully sorted on the Emirates web-site in 15 mins.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Jon636
Reviewed January 19, 2018

Young, slender, white, blonde, male flight attendant gives good service to the white Am 40 y o couple inside me. Completely changes demeanor every single time he looks at me (45 y o Asian male). Is short, sour and 'bossy' with me, while being pleasant to the white couple.

Comes and tells me that I will have to change seats later on since there is a disturbance in the front of the aircraft (I'm sitting towards the back). He wants me to switch seats with one of the troublemakers so to split them up... - he NEVER asks me if I agree to change my place.

The third time he passes me he simply wakes me up brusquely by tugging on my arm and telling me again that I will have to change seats soon...

Date of travel: September 2017
Reviewed January 19, 2018

If ever you wanted to see an example of a company which is not what it was, and has lost its way, look no further than BA. Under the current chairman BA has become a penny-pinching miser which frequently fails to deliver on its promises. Planes are often dirty, service is inconsistent at best, with a wonderful cabin crew one day and an awful crew the next. If you pay for premium, you MIGHT get a better experience, but even here BA has the capacity to let you down. Tread carefully.

Date of travel: October 2017
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank DrZh
Reviewed January 19, 2018

Terrible, old aeroplane. The audio visual system didn't work, the screen was tiny and the audio was broken. The seats smelled and there was built in grime in the side pockets and around the apparatus buttons. Such a disappointing flight as it was a long one!

2  Thank Melanie B