“Uneventful flight”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I travel to Lagos once or twice a year. I like the flight because of the timing. I arrive in Lagos at just before 1800 and am at my hotel by 2000. I can then be up and running the next morning after a nights sleep.
I fly Premium economy as It is only a 6 hour flight and the cost of business class is in my view unrealistic. I am tempted however to use
business class on the return as it is an overnight flight arriving at Heathrow at 0445 but business class was full.
The cabin service and food seems to have improved over the years so well done BA.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (38,646)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For our return trip from 3+ weeks in Europe, we splurged with Business Class tickets (a combination of using lots of miles and paying several hundred dollars in addition, per person). My husband and I were in the middle seats, which were luxurious, private and comfortable. From that standpoint, the flight was very enjoyable.
When we boarded we were immediately given water bottles, which we thought was a good sign for the anticipated level of service. The meal, which followed shortly after that, was good. So far, so good.
After the flight attendant collected the dinner trays.... guess what! We did not see him again until it was time for breakfast shortly before landing!! I would have liked another glass of wine, but I didn't really "need" it, so that was not a big issue (although not the best of service for Business Class). However, after about 7 hours, I was very thirsty. When I went to the restroom, I thought I'd check in the crew's area and ask for some water. No one was to be found. In retrospect, YES I should have pushed my call button, but it didn't even occur to me because I'm not a passenger who does that. By the way, I did not sleep on the flight and was watching programs the entire time, so it's not as though he didn't want to disturb me. Not an excuse.
When it was time for the "breakfast" meal, my husband was served from his side of the aisle. My male flight attendant NEVER came. I was not offered breakfast (nor water - by that time I'd had some of my husband's water). Since it was nighttime for our body clocks, I didn't care about having a meal, but that's not the point. How is it possible to be flying Business class and have such mediocre service?! It does not bode well for the British Airways brand. If the service was this limited in Business Class, it must have been horrible in Economy.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Newcastle with connecting Heathrow direct flight. Prompt time for both flights. Excellent service through the 9hour flight, asking for extra drinks at the galley was not a problem.Entertainment package kept me occupied ,, can't sleep whilst flying !!
Return flight same,,, good news back two hours early,, bad news because caught the "jet stream" . Only negative comment on catering,,, curry on both journeys ( hate the stuff) and alternatives all gone .
However ,,,,,, daughter on same flight four days earlier had Newcastle delays, knock on missed Heathrow connect, another delays whilst re- route via Washington,, again missed connection,, overnight hotel,, 4th flight and 36 hours in total to destination.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although the staff on board were brilliant and the food served really lovely, the boarding experience, yet again, was ridiculous. This nonsense of calling out group numbers to board just doesn't work. Half of the passengers only can hear the boarding groups called out, the other half haven't a clue what boarding group they are in. Why BA can't have separate queues for different groups, like other airlines, I don't know. Every time I use BA, its the same experience with boarding. Everyone crowds around the gate, they announce groups 1/2 to go first, but it makes no difference whatsoever, everyone just moves forward and boards, doesn't seem to matter what your group is, the girls on the gate can't control anything. Also the legroom in business class is exactly the same as economy, which is pretty grim.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Thank you BA for all the help given to us at Heathrow and Dubai airports when I hurt my knee before the flight. All your staff both on and off the plane were brilliant. Very helpful, friendly and supportive. Definitely fly with them again. Flight, food and entertainment options very good too.