“If I could rate 3.5, I would.”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My British Airways flight from Florence Peterola to London City Airport was fairly average on British Airways’ Embraer 170.

-CHECK-IN AND BOARDING
Florence airport is very small. Checking was smooth and boarding was quite slow, but according to the captain it always is at Florence!

-SEAT
The seat was basic; a black, leather seat which was quite wide and legroom was decent. The Embraer is in a 2-2 configuration (a shock to us when researching beforehand!) and it didn’t feel that cramped actually!

-CABIN
Like the seat, the cabin is basic. Basic colours and nothing out of the ordinary. It was very clean though which was nice.

-FOOD AND DRINK
We were offered a free meal on this 2 hour flight which was quite average. We weren’t expecting this food so it was a nice touch.

-SERVICE
Now this is what swayed me towards the average mark. Coming from a Thai Airways flight where everyone is smiling, the cabin crew on this flight just seemed really uninterested which wasn’t a pleasant experience. Not every flight attendant was like this (it was one in particular but I don’t know her name) but I don’t think she cracked a smile once, apart from a fake-looking smile as she handed the meals out. It’s such a shame as I really did notice it. Sorry BA!

Overall, my flight with British Airways was a fairly pleasant experience and I would fly them again. I wouldn’t let the flight attendant experience put me off the airline however!

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (38,784)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The route between London and Larnaca falls between two stalls, short haul and long haul. BA choose to opt for the basic European service on a 4.5/5 hour flight. Leg room poor, entertainment poor, seat uncomfortable, no choice of seat at booking unless you want to pay extra, very old 737 aircraft. Just a shame Emirates don’t fly London Dubai via Larnaca. All in all a very poor experience.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first time travelling long haul with Britain Airways and I would not fly with anyone else in future
I was shocked that they provided free drinks and snacks free headphones and endless movies and games for the flight compared to Thomas cook airlines who we have always used previously British Airways are the absolute best

1  Thank loulou984
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

British Air customer service saved the day after I had problems with a ticket discounter who had failed to make certain the airline had enough information to check-in online. Both on the flight to Spain and the return, we required extra help that we got by calling British Airways representatives. Our trip would have been ruined without them. I would add that paying for extra legroom on the 7 to 8 hour legs of the trip over the Atlantic was worth it.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

BA have become really disappointing for long haul they charge a lot but you don’t get the care in return

Date of travel: October 2018