“Excellent flight”
Review of Bulgaria Air

Reviewed April 21, 2023

Flight to Paris for the Easter break. Apparently it was full and they gave me a seat in business class. The food and business class itself matched what I've seen on other European airlines.

Date of travel: April 2023

Reviewed March 10, 2023

I want to like Bulgaria Air so much! I have used them many times over the years, mostly out of necessity, but would feel proud I’m supporting Bulgarian airline. I’m afraid that won’t be the case anymore ever.

Bulgaria air reschedules almost every flight I book. Honestly. Almost every time. In addition, they have expensive airline ticket prices, but a budget airline service. The website is awful, you can’t do anything through it, and it hasn’t been updated in 10 years. The e-tickets sent over email have been the same in the last 20 years: totally unreadable. But most of all…. Terrible customer support. One out of perhaps 10 times I have called or emailed about changes or information they have been adequate. The rest of the time: rude, uneducated, spelling mistakes sort of level. What finally make me write a review is that they have no way, no way whatsoever to change my flight, despite me having flights changed many times in the past (for a fee). Outright refusal. I don’t understand this: I’m offering to pay you so you move my flight from date A to date B, giving you days of notice, and you say no? Ok, I will just book with another airline and give money to them. Makes no sense but it’s your loss.

The only positive, and one star is for that, is their pet policy. I transported my cat with them sometime ago and it was all very smooth. I just wish they weren’t decades behind in everything and made it easier for people to pay them instead of run to competitors.

Date of travel: March 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
2  Thank marieD5463VU
Reviewed February 22, 2023

4 passengers flying from Hannover to Marsa Alam and return. Flights were fine and on time, leg room limited and you could buy food/drinks (quite expensive). No in flight entertainment (bring your own:-))

I found it hard to find out how much hand luggage we could bring, but we were fine with our 2 trolleys (normal cabin luggage size) and 2 back packs (for all 4 of us).

Booked via travellink and they said to be at the airport 3 hours before flight, as there was no online check in. Turns out the check in does not open until 2 hours before the flight, so could have slept 1 hour more (important, when your flight is 7.35 am!)

Date of travel: February 2023
    • Customer service
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed February 1, 2023

I never had any problems with the company and flights until 6th of January 2023. We were traveling with our baby and went to the business class queue in Sofia because this is how it’s supposed to be when traveling with a baby on any airport. We were told to go to the economy class queue at the end and wait there. The queue was huge as you can imagine but we have done what we were told. When our turn finally came the person on the desk told us that the plane is overbooked and there is no place for us although we have tickets and we needed to wait. We waited and then I saw that one man who was waiting with us started to check in then we went on the desk. The lady there, she said to be the supervisor was impolite, arrogant and rude to us, she gave us tickets 20 min before the plane departs. She told us it’s our job to manage to catch the plane and told us to be fast. I am underlining that we are with a baby, stroller and two suitcases hand luggage which they did not took. We needed to ask on every queue to go first and run with the baby and this should be a nice and pleasant flight?

Date of travel: January 2023
2  Thank 250ivas
Reviewed January 2, 2023

Don’t bye a ticket.This company is give a sh**t about the customer.
Our flight was 8:40 am on 03.01.2023.At 10 am the company supposed to give information about the upcoming flight.One of the crew was sick and they still looking for somebody to replace the sick employee.No organisation at all.I hope we will catch the flight from Sofia to Zurich.
Very bad experience we also had with the flights from Zurich to Varna on 23.12.2022.The flight from Zurich to Sofia was ok(because is international airport and they can’t play), but the flight Sofia-Varna was horrible.
We took off with 2 hours delays because they didn’t have an airplane to fly.There was no information and a top of that they were so arrogant.
That was first and last flights with Bulgaria Air.
Never again!!!!

Date of travel: January 2023
4  Thank antoanetae2023
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.