“Mrs Laz”
Review of Bulgaria Air

Reviewed June 13, 2023

Worst airline ever! Flight was delayed by 3 hours and therefore we missed our connection. There was no help and any interest from the employees to address the issue and help. There is no Bulgarian service counter at Frankfurt so 8 people were left with absolutely no help! We had to pay for a hotel ourselves and thank god we were all able to fly the next day with Lufthansa. I would avoid this airline as the plague.

Date of travel: June 2023

Reviewed June 11, 2023

Cheapest flights between the two Bulgarian cities Sofia and Varna are like 2-4 times more expensive than Ryanair and this is the Bulgarian national aviation company! There is no excuse to have such high prices when their internal fees/expenses should be way lower considering the salaries of Bulgarians versus UK crew and the additional airport/airspace fees!

Date of travel: May 2023
Reviewed April 21, 2023

Flight to Paris for the Easter break. Apparently it was full and they gave me a seat in business class. The food and business class itself matched what I've seen on other European airlines.

Date of travel: April 2023
Reviewed March 10, 2023

I want to like Bulgaria Air so much! I have used them many times over the years, mostly out of necessity, but would feel proud I’m supporting Bulgarian airline. I’m afraid that won’t be the case anymore ever.

Bulgaria air reschedules almost every flight I book. Honestly. Almost every time. In addition, they have expensive airline ticket prices, but a budget airline service. The website is awful, you can’t do anything through it, and it hasn’t been updated in 10 years. The e-tickets sent over email have been the same in the last 20 years: totally unreadable. But most of all…. Terrible customer support. One out of perhaps 10 times I have called or emailed about changes or information they have been adequate. The rest of the time: rude, uneducated, spelling mistakes sort of level. What finally make me write a review is that they have no way, no way whatsoever to change my flight, despite me having flights changed many times in the past (for a fee). Outright refusal. I don’t understand this: I’m offering to pay you so you move my flight from date A to date B, giving you days of notice, and you say no? Ok, I will just book with another airline and give money to them. Makes no sense but it’s your loss.

The only positive, and one star is for that, is their pet policy. I transported my cat with them sometime ago and it was all very smooth. I just wish they weren’t decades behind in everything and made it easier for people to pay them instead of run to competitors.

Date of travel: March 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
2  Thank marieD5463VU
Reviewed February 22, 2023

4 passengers flying from Hannover to Marsa Alam and return. Flights were fine and on time, leg room limited and you could buy food/drinks (quite expensive). No in flight entertainment (bring your own:-))

I found it hard to find out how much hand luggage we could bring, but we were fine with our 2 trolleys (normal cabin luggage size) and 2 back packs (for all 4 of us).

Booked via travellink and they said to be at the airport 3 hours before flight, as there was no online check in. Turns out the check in does not open until 2 hours before the flight, so could have slept 1 hour more (important, when your flight is 7.35 am!)

Date of travel: February 2023
    • Customer service
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.