“Never choose Bulgarian Air!”
Review of Bulgaria Air

Reviewed February 22, 2024

I used the services of Bulgarian Air 21.02, flight Madrid-Sofia. The experience left me with extremely negative emotions, it was filled with a lot of stress, uncertainty and rude disrespect from the Bulgarian Air contact center staff. This is yet another similar experience expressed in a different format with this company; utterly oppressive and derogatory to the rights and welfare of every single customer. Brief Description:
I have purchased a ticket from Kiwi.com for the Gran Canaria, LAP - Sofia route. The connection is in Madrid, from where BA airline takes over. Kiwi has indicated that the check-in happens at the carrier, i.e. at BA. From the first moment the online check-in opens (24hrs) I have been trying to do it but my booking is not found on the BA website. Intending to check-in once I land in Madrid, as I assumed this was the reason - it can't open the next flight from the booking until the first one: LAP-MAD, has completed, I try again on arrival in Madrid to check-in online. Not happening. I have 2 hours until the next flight. The VA customer contact center keeps not picking me up, and I am in the transit area of the airport and have to move 2 hrs from one end of the domestic terminal to the other end, which takes about 1 hr logistically. After a long and extremely painful walk with heavy, hand luggage around the huge airport, looking for some kind of support, with no boarding pass and less than an hour until my flight, I finally manage to get through to the call centre. From there I am informed that the VA website says (not anywhere else) that there is NO online check-in for Madrid. I.e., I have to exit the duty-free area and re-enter using the full procedure. (I checked the website as well as Google to make sure I wasn't missing something - no such notice exists.) After explaining that this purely and simply cannot happen due to lack of time, the employee most rudely hung up on me, after which a period of prolonged not-answering followed again..
The airport staff tried to assist me in any way they could, but they too had no connection with the VA and told me that there was no way I could get out in 2 hours, check in again and get back to the gate. It all ended when the gate opened, me continuing to wait for my flight without a boarding pass and document, I did not ask the lady at the counter to back me up with a decision and she issued me a service note that replaced the check-in in question, which they had never done before.. I cannot describe the amount of intense stress and physical discomfort I experienced in that short period. As a consumer and a citizen with certain rights and position, I find this treatment highly unacceptable, to say the least, below any level of professionalism and competence. It pains me to once again discover that things are done through the fingers in our homeland, and what is left if you don't speak Bulgarian and even less know who to turn to (in this case the site's call center) for support - a great reputation for liquidating the already not-rich flow of tourists.
I leave this feedback here, filled with much sorrow, I hope it is taken into account and all the negative experiences so far serve to build a new, adequate system and approach.

Date of travel: February 2024
2  Thank Darina D

Reviewed February 15, 2024

Professional service and friendly staff. We flew in a pretty new plane; it was a pleasure to be on your flight. Thank you!

Date of travel: November 2023
Reviewed February 6, 2024

I have a meeting at 8:30 in the morning and I was late for that so important meeting in my life because stupid company Bulgarian air for flight 40 minutes price 70 euro we wait 2 hours to go, this is something impossible to see in the cheapest air companies! I am really shocked and so disappointed that I will never use this company in my life and I will not recommend to anyone !

Date of travel: February 2024
2  Thank Estefania N
Reviewed January 26, 2024

Bulgaria air is the worst airline to be chosen. Never on time, I always arrive with at least an hour, an hour and a half delay. The crew is always mean and rude. I’m talking in plural because this happens everything while I’m travelling.
As for my flight today - we got into to bus to take us to the plane, we waited at least 20 minutes in the bus - it was 35+ degrees because of the air condition, and we were about 50 people. Some people couldn’t even breath. Then they’ve opened the doors but still nothing. 10 minutes after they took us back to the terminal because there was a problem
with the plane. We waited for at least 30 minutes to get us a new plane. And then after we got on the plane - we waited for another 30 minutes for the “plane documents”, or that’s what they said.
Awesome experience. Would never recommend.

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank Momchil K
Reviewed January 2, 2024

If I could rate this lower than one star I would. Unpleasant, late at every step, boarding pass didn’t even work (three times) forcing me to download the app while at the airport. Never again.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank Alex C
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.