“DO NOT USE IT EXCEPT EMERGENCY”
Review of Bulgaria Air

Reviewed May 26, 2024

4 flights for 5 days - 5 hours delays all together with not even one flight on time. No answer from anyone about delays. My paid seats changed just before flight without any reason. The only way to receive compensation is true court, the company is refusing anything else. It is really worse than all low cost companies.
Just do not do it!

• Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank PMDown

Reviewed May 17, 2024

They cancelled two flights and when you try to contact them by phone nobody ever picks up - typical for Bulgarian institutions in general, their staff is probably on a 4 hour lunch break as usual. Then when you email they reply with impersonal useless info that's of no help. And that's the "national carrier"...

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed May 7, 2024

This happened to me more than a year ago but I am writing this now as I wanted to know how my legal case against Bulgaria Air would end.

In brief, they canceled my flight without letting me know. Worse, the previous night the flight was still announced on their website. I found out about the cancellation two hours before the flight at the airport. At the information desk, I was told the flight had been canceled "A LONG TIME AGO"!!

It took Bulgaria Air a pretty long time to pay me back my ticket. When I asked them about the due compensation, they did not bother to answer. I hired legal support who tried to reason with them. In vain. Bulgaria Air refused to pay up. Then, we took them to court. Almost a year passed by, and we won (Bulgaria Air lost, of course), and they finally paid the due compensation, which is nothing considering the hassle.

If you don't want that to happen to you, think twice before booking with them.

Date of travel: July 2023
1  Thank ferdamadr
Reviewed April 17, 2024

We flew to Rome on one of their new Airbus A220 aircraft. The plane was comfortable with plenty of legroom, the flight was on time.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Ogi0
Reviewed March 13, 2024

"Worst company ever. My boyfriend and I bought round-trip tickets from Milan to Sofia and had a terrible experience. We traveled with our French Bulldog. Departing from Italy, we had no issues and arrived in Sofia smoothly. However, upon our return, during check-in, after all our luggage was processed, an airline employee approached us aggressively, demanding to weigh our dog.The dog weight 9 kg but , with his toys, food, and bag, weighing 12 kg a weight accepted for our outbound flight—but not for the return flight.She loudly proclaimed we couldn't travel with him due to his size.

Confused, we pointed out that we had flown with the same airline and dog just a week prior without any issues. She dismissively replied that the rules were the rules, and the dog was too heavy, refusing to let us speak to a manager and claiming she was the highest authority there. Her colleagues mocked us, suggesting we wait five days for a manager, clearly enjoying our distress.

We had previously paid to have our dog travel under the seat, but now they refused to let him fly and kept the money without offering any explanation or assistance. When my boyfriend, who speaks only English and Italian, tried to communicate, another employee rudely told us we are in Bulgaria and could only speak Bulgarian and says to him to get lost.

Throughout this ordeal, no one offered a solution, and the staff even concealed their badges, making it impossible to identify them for a formal complaint. They took copies of my documents.

In conclusion, this airline prevented us from flying, offered no solutions for our dog, refused to refund our money, and even mocked us. Based on my experience, I strongly advise against using this airline, as their ground staff's arbitrary decisions can significantly disrupt your travel plans."

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank Ina B
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.