“Rude check in lady, everything costs extra”
Review of tigerair australia

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Everything costs extra, even 1kg over weight in your hand luggage, check in lady was very rude. Little leg space. Will 100% sure choose any other airline in future. The staff in the plane was friendly and that was the only positive experience during the flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,717)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I got charged $46.40 because my carry on was 2kg overweight... That was pretty much the cost of my flight. I personally think it's robbery, staff were totally unapologetic and unfriendly. Will never fly with them again. Do not recommend.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The plane was clean and the aircrew where very friendly. Plane left on time and the return flight was on time also. Will fly again with Tigerair. Saved heaps of money

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed April 3, 2018

I stupidly thought I'd save some money and try Tiger again , and only to confirm what I already knew from previous experience of myself and others .

This time was on the Tarmac in Melbourne for 20 minutes , then finally once in the air it was over 40 minutes late and I hear the famous announcement .

Seriously by the time you have wasted time and upset your plans , you are much better off not flying Tiger . Not to mention the extra cost for parking .

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Why didn't I listen. So many people told me not to fly with Tiger Air and now I know why.

Today I couldn't board my flight to Sydney because I was 5 (!) minutes late for Check In. I asked one of the staff members if they could make an exemption because the online check in did not work for me and I only had hand luggage with. She made it very clear to me that she couldn't care less, that I have to be early and she could only offer me to change to the next flight 4 hours later for another $85....even though the plane wasn't going to leave for another 40 minutes and boarding hasn't even begun.

I understand I was a few minutes late and that it says online their check in closes 45 minutes prior departure but I'm still very disappointet by how they don't seem to care about customers and the lack of sympathy they show.