“Wonderful Experience!”
Review of Cathay Pacific

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Flying for twelve hours is not what I would call a great experience. However, Cathay makes it more comfortable and relaxing. The service is spectacular, and the in-flight dining is delicious (for plane food!) The Business Class seats are spacious and can be adjusted with a panel of buttons.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Grace G
Write a ReviewReviews (7,921)

Reviewed 18 November 2017

original aircraft was a A33K, config on J was 1-2-1, a month ago they changed it to a regional A33P, J changed to 2-2-2, cramped, no leg rest space, hated it, though the service was nice and meal was served promptly, yet CX has a long way to go when comparing to other J classes for eg. the middle east big threes.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 17 November 2017

My flight was cancelled due to China air traffic control but we were given no information from CP staff. This happened 3days in a row. After spending all day in the airport having been given $75 voucher we were provided with overnight accommodation at which we arrived at 1am. Second day repeat of day1. Third day I was forced to buy another ticket to Singapore as I had business there and forgo my ticket from Shanghai to Singapore. During this time I had no luggage as they would not release it from the airport.CP have now sent me a voucher for $US50 which I can only use on CPAirline. Disgusted and insulted.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I booked with Cathay from London to Australia a return flight flying our family of two adults and three children ages 11, 10 and 7.
The meals were decent, we even got a choice and the kids got given children's meals as requested before flying. We got given drinks when requested and snacks where available throughout the flight.
Flight attendants were very helpful especially when my 10 and 7 year old became travel sick for the last leg of our flight.
We had a connection in Hong Kong which went smoothly and hassle free
My youngest left his cabin bag which contain $100 aud on the airplane which landed in Hong Kong I had no time to collect from lost property as we had to make our connection flight instead I contacted Cathay Pacific when we arrived in Perth, and they located the bag and flew it to Perth airport for us and we collected another day, excellent service and very happy we got bag back with all contents accounted for.
The inflight entertainment system is excellent keeps children as well as adults well entertained. The seats are comfortable and your given a blanket and pillow for extra comfort. I like that there's face cream and hand cream in the toilets also so you can freshen up.
I have nothing bad to say about this airline and it's workers I am very happy indeed and will most definitely fly with them again!

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Cathay have such a great business class, it feels like first!
Comfy seat which becomes an amazing bed, duvet not a blanket. The bed is designed so it has a wider bit to fit your shoulders when you lie down, clever idea!
The crew are so friendly and service is excellent. The food was fantastic, as were all the drinks offered.
I slept well for several hours and watched tv and films on the screen which is a great size.
Cathay is more expensive than BA but it is worth the extra, and in Cathay you are only 4 seats across the cabin BA is 8! So if you are in a window seat it is so private! Like a private cabin!