“Guangzhou to Siem Reap”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed July 8, 2018

After flying in an A330 from Melbourne we had high expectations for the flight from Guangzhou to Siem Reap however sadly this flight did not meet our expectations. The plane was an A320 and the seats were extremely close together and the aircraft was old. It was clean however and the staff were excellent however we were thankful it was only a short journey. However the plane did leave on time and did arrive on time so this was a plus. Check in was smooth and efficient. As we only had 2 hours at Guangzhou I cannot comment on the airport however from a quick look it looked OK. The meal was a snack due to the short flight.

1  Thank John B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,551)

Reviewed July 8, 2018

The overall service was excellent and the price for economy was very good - a very smooth check in at Tullamarine and the A330 was clean, had plenty of leg room even for economy and the staff were friendly. The aircraft left on time and arrived into Guangzhou on time. And the food - this was a excellent surprise as the quality was extremely good. I had expected a menu of Chinese food but this was not the case. The staff were extremely professional and their English was good. I would not hesitate to fly in one of their A330's in future. There was a very good selection of movies and many of them were current.

3  Thank John B
Reviewed July 8, 2018

The flights left and arrived on time. I enjoyed the on board safety video with traditional Chinese paintings of the backgrounds.

Pre-service drinks was served and after dinner drinks was also provided. I found the meals to be on the salty side.

My husband had a small incident and the onboard care provided was exemplary.
On our connecting flight, it was obvious the staff were alerted to the accident, and there was care all round.

As it was night flight, there was no snacks, although water and juice was brought around twice.

There was no complimentary bag of amenities provided. I asked for a toothbrush and then was given a complimentary bag. And it was a very nice one.

1  Thank Love_Life_Sydney
Reviewed July 8, 2018

The plane was old so the only entertainment option was to watch the one movie that was offered (in Chinese only, so English subtitles) on the overhead monitors. As an older plane, there was more leg room but overall plane was dirty and needed a good clean, e.g. dirty tray and rubbish left in seat pockets. Service was average and food was as expected. I also noticed that the seats in the older plane were less padded but this did mean more room between rows/seats.

Given the hefty cost of the airfare, I was quite disappointed. I think Jetstar do a better job and they're just a budget airline, not a full service one.

1  Thank beryl_be
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Melbourne>Guangzhou>Beijing &
Shanghai>Guangzhou>Melbourne

Fantastic- newer planes, more legroom, multi lingual, polite, over 109 movies to choose from, western or asian meals, on time.

We used them during a China trip - and we would now use them to fly to Europe. They were half price to Heathrow compared to Qantas, and based on our China trip, would suggest better service- so I know who I will be flying with going forward. I have given 5 star ranking because I have already been raving about how good they were to friends.

1  Thank The-Mong