“Very pleasantly surprised”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We weren't sure about this airline but we were very impressed. Lots of leg-room!! Staff attentive, meals good, would definitely recommend.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,545)

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

I went on summer holiday to Bali and choose to use China Southern Airline. Tickets was a bit pricey, but the service was good.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

My flight was from Seoul to Toronto, with 1 stop over at Guangzhou in between.
In-flight service was okay. Flight attendants were mostly courteous and welcoming. Everything in flight was satisfactory, except for a few attendants' communication in English wasn't efficient.
After I arrived in Toronto, one of my checked baggage didn't arrive with the other bag in the airport. I was simply told to wait for a few days, as was only given with contact information for baggage delivery to my address.
There wasn't enough explanation about why and how the bag is missing, whereabout of the bag, and when the bag will arrive from China.
And as I waited for 2 days after I arrived, the bag is still not delivered as of now. In the meantime, I constantly had to ask the delivery service when it will be here, as they never actually kept their words for the delivery time (they initially said it would be here on the 1st day and never showed up),
After all, if you don't want any trouble over baggage or customer service, I would never recommend this airline. And I am not returning to use this airline ever again.

3  Thank soldkim
Reviewed July 18, 2018

First time flier on China Southern. The plane was decent if a little outdated. Service was very pleasant and polite, much better than North American airlines. Flight attendants regularly cleaned the washrooms and circulated the cabin often. Meal trays were tidied up promptly, unlike most other airlines. However, very obvious cigarette smell coming from presumably the cockpit. Very concerning healthwise and safety wise. Apparently this happens often! Also, don't expect to actually sit in the seat you selected in advance. Both ways it changed out of the blue and I was stuck in the middle seat of the middle row! Be sure to double check this when you check in.

2  Thank Edmonton1976
Reviewed July 18, 2018

We were pleasantly surprised that we had seats in the Business Class section. I'm not sure what we would have done if we were in Economy for the 12 hour flight. After flying with Qatar in economy, China Southern did not even compare. The plane seemed more run down and a bit dirtier. The food was okay and the crew was well organized.