“A good airline, a good flight--but...”
Review of Copa Airlines

Reviewed February 22, 2018

Flight 434 is a very convenient nonstop flight from Panama City to Orlando. It's a 3.5 hour flight and leaves at 6:24, so you arrive in Orlando pretty late--and still have to go through immigration and customs. Do beware of the Friday flight; there were a lot of families headed to Disney World for the weekend. Kids. Lots of kids. Mostly well-behaved, but not all. It was a reasonably comfortable flight with good service, and we got a small meal en route. The flight left and arrived on time.

The worst part of the experience was security--the *two* security inspections we had to endure. The agent in the main security line pulled me aside and told me to dig my tweezers out of my backpack. When I complied, he grabbed them, threw them in a box, said, "No fly!" and waved me through. It was a wimpy little pair of tweezers, not at all sharp, and that very same pair of tweezers had been through that very same airport *twice* with no problem. Can you tell me what sort of damage a 70-year-old woman is going to do with a dull pair of tweezers? Then we had a *second* security inspection at the gate, where we all had to line up and be screened again (fortunately, my tweezers were already gone...). This was a real joke, since passengers who had been screened weren't separated in any way from those who hadn't been screened. We all just continued to mingle at the gate until we boarded. Someone needs to stop this nonsense. Regardless, we enjoy flying Copa and hope that future flights will be more enjoyable.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,156)

Reviewed February 22, 2018

I was nervous about flying with an airline I had never heard of, and my fears were groundless. They are efficient, helpful and courteous. On the flight down they served us a “snack” of a warm burrito and sides. On the way back we got a meal and we had a erviceewas great and I would use them again any time I fly where they have a route.

1  Thank txtfa001
Reviewed February 21, 2018

We encountered one of the poorest customer services we could imagine whilst flying with Copa earlier this year, only to be followed by their failure to acknowledge the complaint we lodged on this matter.

Whist the company is very reputable and does try to stand in the high range of aviation services, the way we were mistreated in Havana Airport by a staff member under the name of Ivan Valdes - who claimed to be a departmental supervisor with Copa airlines - was unacceptable. He lied, behaved disrespectfully, raised his voice, berated us in personal terms, and generally acted without empathy and understanding (qualities that we would expect to be prerequisites of any customer-facing position within an organisation such as Copa, whose reputation is one of "prestige" and "quality") towards us - eventually reducing me to tears with his unhelpful, obstinate, and generally unpleasant attitude.

Obviously, we raised this complaint to Copa Airlines through their costumer complaint system, but to our dismay, our complaint wasn't even acknowledged, let alone addressed.

Totally not worth the pricey tickets, you'd get better customer service with Ryanair.

2  Thank CARPMR
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Flight was very nice. Was great chance speak Spanish with cabin crew. Cabin crew was very kind, responsive and nice. Drinks was great, food was for purchase this flight. No dislikes, liked this flight. Seats and other was nice and comfortable.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Very bad experience with a connection flight booked in advance. To my surprise, when I had to embarked I was informed that the flight was overbooked (3 pax in the same situation) and they could not offer me an alternative. Basically I've got stuck in Panama for 24hrs, missing important business meetings due to their poor organization. They do not care at all what is the purpose of your flight and prioritize it, even though they could see the business booking in their system. When I've asked for a list of wrights I've been told to check for it online. Supervisor just left the desk without giving me an explanation. All the work felt on the poor lady from the counter that has to deal with situations like this few times a day. Their voucher of $200 is only available on Copa and not the Start Alliance. Do I really want to flight with them again? Don't think so....

3  Thank Sorin J