“Long trip without monitor”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Imagine a 9 hour trip in business class without the ability to watch a movie, listen to music, or even monitor your progress. You have it- the monitor was glitching. You would say well there’s WiFi- but no> that wasn’t working either. What an absolutely awful flight. Cold hot towels? They didn’t even offer to move me to an open seat, just sorry the reboot didn’t work?? Don’t plan on sitting in seat 11K! I’m sure it’s still not fixed- no one probably even reported it!

Write a ReviewReviews (25,761)

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We spent the extra money to fly Delta One to London. More space and very comfortable seats is the only plus. The long flight started off with the flight attendant spilling a glass of wine and a bowl of cheese soup in my wife's lap . They handed her handful of napkins and moved on to finish serving meals . We had to make a scene to get any more help and an apology. My meal made it to me but it was pretend gourmet ...very poor quality. The video selection was subpar compared to what is offered on the A340. I believe the 767 to London is pretend Business Class at full price. ..After meal service all attendants disappeared until an hour before landing. I did not sleep and noticed not one attendant walk through . We fly over 30,000 miles a year and never had an experience this bad and we paid extra for it !

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I fly with Southwest often. This was my first time flying with Delta. When I got on the plane I was shocked at the size. Only 2 seats on each side of the isle and only 20 rows. My friend had an approved rolling carry on bag but the overhead bins were not big enough to accommodate them. They had to check them at the door of the plane. I had a soft side carry on so I was able to keep mine and put it in the overhead bin. When we landed, it took awhile to retrieve my friends rolling carry on. They had problems getting a door to open to get the bag. That and about 12 other people had to wait for their bags and we had to stand in the jetway blocking the others trying to disembark from the plane.

The extra leg room is defiantly noticeable in this aircraft compared to SW. I am 5 ft, 8 in. tall and I am not sure how much extra room there is but I loved it. The seats in this aircraft were a bit more comfortable than SW also. There was only one restroom on this plane and it was located at the back of it.

As far as service on the plane, getting checked in, or loading of the plane none of it stood out as better than any-other carrier.

I liked Delta just fine. If I ever have long flights I will be checking into Delta again mainly because of the leg room!

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 October 2017

On this trip, Delta did not deliver. Our flight was cancelled less than two hours before the scheduled departure, without any explanation given. Even though we were already at the airport, there were no gate agents to assist us. To be fair, the agent helping me to rebook over the phone was very helpful. Nonetheless, we were only able to fly out the next day, and no compensation was offered. The return flight departed on time. The in-flight service was so slow, that only just over half of the passengers managed to be served a beverage before the service was stopped in preparation for landing.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Getting to Newark on a mid day is always a challenge. Delta is no exception. However, they were prompt today to bring in snacks, water and soft drinks. When was the last time an airline did that? I was dying for a coffee though.

Assigning a seat is becoming a bigger mystery. For an average traveler they don't even let you pick the seat anymore. After paying over $450 for one way ticket, Delta could not let me see the seat map or let my travel agent or main check in agent to assign a seat. I knew it had over ten seats vacant still it shows stubbornness to assign seats.

I simply thinks it's a bad service. Old ways were better. You pay one time and you choose your seat. Why these airlines ignore customer relations in their desire to make few extra bucks. In this case it did not even ask for extra money. So simply poor decision making.

When will be airlines care about regular people again.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money