“Don't bother with Comfort Class”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to London on Singapore Airlines Premium Class, priority boarding, wider seats that reclined with a footrest, larger TV screens and better food and beverage service. On our return we flew Delta Comfort Class paid more than economy but did not receive anything different from economy, same boarding same seats etc.
Do not pay the extra on Delta.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For anyone that goes to LGA for any reason, I would highly recommend Delta because the plane was a comfortable ride and it was incredibly easy to get to public transportation especially when LGA has a ton of construction. The concourse felt cleaner compared to the other areas like Southwest and United.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Normally i don't make comments on the airlines because...well...they are airlines. My mom taught me that if I have nothing nice to say don't say it al all. But we had such a pleasant experience in Atlanta that I had to mention it.

Really nothing amazing happened other than we were met at the gate by the kindest gate agent I've seen in years. She was thoughtful, engaging, and truly sincere. As we were sitting waiting for our flight, the previous flight was deplaning. SHe looked every passenger leaving the plane i teh eye and welcomed them to Atlanta.

When it was tie for us to board she looked everyone of us, that I could see, in the eye and wished us a good day and good flight with a smile. SHe was truly sincere.

Hey Delta...Find out who was working flight 1613 to Indianapolis on Monday, October 16th and do something nice for her. She deserves it. Then...Promote her and let her train your gate agents.

1  Thank Rob F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A warning about Expedia and Delta, take it for what it's worth.
On September 8th I flew with a buddy to LA to go fishing. I booked through Expedia and flew Delta. It was fantastic. There were no issues on the way there, it was actually the most comfortable I have ever been on a flight, even with a layover on the way there and back. We loaded our Tuna and Yellowtail in coolers we bought from Costco. When we got to the airport and weighed the coolers we were way over, which we knew we would be due to the bags of ice we had just put in, over the black plastic garbage bags holding our frozen fish. The Baggage ladies told us to dump the ice on the street, leaving 3 coolers packed with tuna, yellowfin and a couple ice packs in them, all weighing right at the max 50 lbs. We taped the coolers up and marked them, paid and checked them. When we arrived in Edmonton after a few hour stopover we loaded the coolers in our trucks and drove home, this was about 1am. Before I even got home my buddy called, said he had fish missing. 3 bags out of his 6 Tuna were gone, and when I checked my 2 coolers almost all of my yellowtail and 2 tuna were also gone. To buy that much fish here would be over a grand easy.
I called Expedia and told them the story. They of course blamed Delta. Delta called me back a month later after making me file a complaint online and send in all supporting documents. Their response was;
"it is unfortunate that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion." Apparently paying them to actually give my possessions to me when they land are 'expectations' that they are sorry about???
Also, they said that the fish may have stunk or leaked so they may have been removed, 'so we are unable to give any compensation'. This is complete crap, the fish were frozen like a rock, and on top of the loss whoever stole them added bags of ice to make up the weight!!!! I dumped 4 bags weighing 7 lbs each out of my 2 coolers, and remember I dumped my ice on the street! Some thief in baggage handling called a buddy to bring bags of ice, where they stole my fish and loaded ice in. There is no other explanation.
Delta threw us under the bus.
Expedia was driving the bus and didn't stop or slow down when they drove over us. I am disgusted by these companies. They didn't even offer a couple coupons for baggage compensation. Be wary when you book. This happens all the time I have since found out and nobody cares.
By the way yes I enjoyed the trip immensely, it was worth the cost, but we both paid $210 USD for the boat trip for tuna, $90 USD for the coolers, $100 USD for fish processing, $80 USD for checked coolers, $200 USD for the yellowtail trip fuel, we paid a lot to bring home a little.
_

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently took two Delta flights, from LAX to SLC and from SLC to JFK. We had the same experience with both -
1) they overbook and then ask when you check in for you to bid on a voucher to be earned by taking a later flight. But at that point they say nothing about what the later flight options may be, which IMHO is just so stupid.
2) they beg people over and over in the departure area to check their roller bags, for free, to their destination because they think they know that there will not be enough bin space overhead. And why is that? Because they have instituted their egregious checked bag fees. If they didn't charge so much for checked bags, more people would use the service and they would have less issues with bin space on board.

In both cases above doing the right thing to improve customer experience would potentially cost the airline money. Would it be made up by customer loyalty? Maybe not if all their flights are this full. But I, for one, do not think of Delta as my 1st choice because of the aggravation.