“Excellent Egyptian Airlines!”
Review of EGYPTAIR

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Very comfortable flight and great service! The meals were also very delicious and lots of food too. Attendants were very courteous and considerate of our needs.

Date of travel: November 2017
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Dao1949
Write a ReviewReviews (2,436)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The flight delayed 1;30 hours and we didn’t receive any information about the cause of delay. Inside the airplane was hot and the air conditioned was poor. I don’t recommend, spend a little bit more and get another company.

My flight detail:

Jeddah to Cairo
April 4th 11;30 am
Flight occurred only 1 pm

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Took a family vacation to Egypt and flew Egyptian Airlines from NYC to Cairo, Cairo to Luxor and Aswan to Cairo. Everything went smoothly and the service was very good.

I fly all over the planet but had never flown Egyptian Airlines and did not know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone we interacted with was professional and helpful. Security in the US and Egypt was tight but always professional and quick.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed April 2, 2018

This is certainly gonna be one of the most difficult reviews I have to make. Despite my low rating of the flight, there's actually a lot of parameters affecting it and not all were so unpleasant. First of all I should mention that the staff and cabin crew was trying their utmost to make it a real pleasant flight, so kudos for that.
The good advantage that Egyptair has in Heathrow airport is the access to Air Canada's Maple Lounge, which was to the expected standard.
I can literally stop at this point to mention any other advantages, but I have to explain my experience details. I was warned of the level of service on the business class of Egyptair by many, but I chose to try it anyway due to the following reasons:
1- Egyptair is a Star Alliance member
2- Egyptair is a well established airlines that goes back to 1933
3- Egyptair is the flag carrier airline of Egypt
4- Their fleet flies to around 70 destinations worldwide
HOWEVER, despite the astonishing history of Egyptair, it is utterly failing to meet any luxurious standards.
The business class seemed a lot similar to other competitors economy class service. The seats where not comfy and it made me wonder what the economy class passengers were suffering then. The cabin crew were "very friendly" and lovely, yet that was the problem. Apparently they were not professionally trained to understand the difference between being professionally friendly and friend friendly. The flight attendant kept making inappropriate jokes and talking in a very unprofessional way that made me so uncomfortable most of the time. The food was not nearly as expected, even though it is catered by Do & Co. The no alcohol on board was a bit annoying, but I can let that slide as I understand it's based on a religious basis. To top that all, arriving at the Cairo airport felt no difference than being in economy class, we waited in line for more than 30 mins which made me wonder if they realize what fast track means or that for some of us time actually is important and matters.
I have to mention though that I salute the crew for doing their best, but it's not their fault as obviously they were not given the appropriate essential trainings to do so. I hope that Egyptair wakes up soon and realizes that newly established airliners such as Qatar Airways is far beyond their tiers.
Good luck

2  Thank ugfinch
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Very nice flight, clean aircraft, good food and friendly staff. Terminal 3 at Cairo is excellent. I also took a flight from Cairo to Aswan on same airline but business class, from same terminal. Two nice flights indeed.