“Service expectations exceeded!”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So lets start by saying that all the flight attendants were gorgeous! It was hard not to notice!! They all looked like ebony queens and spoke with such dignity and sophistication.

I was headed to Madagascar and one leg of the trip was to Addis Ababa where I would have a long layover. The crew did everything you'd expect them to do but they went a step further. Being 6' 3", sometimes creates discomfort in economy class seats. They allowed me to stretch my legs in the back of the plane while they ate dinner. I inquired about injera (which was not served in economy) and they happily offered me some after discovering my affinity to it. I love injera so I gladly accepted. Injera takes some practice rolling right so they hand fed me on the plane because I was not getting the concept. They made me feel special in a way that I will never forget. I even asked them to take a photo with me as a keepsake for this experience and everyone posed in the back of the plane! This was one of... if not the best customer service experience I have ever had on an international flight. I can't wait to go back to Ethiopia to spend more time.

Not so humbly submitted,
Michael C.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,212)

Airlines is the latest 787-8
Quiet
reasonable service
46Kg of check in Luggage standard for Economy

Flight is super packed
New Airplane, but can see it has been used well
Advised again doing check in luggage in Addis Ababa
Connectioin in Addis Ababa airport was very average

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It is important when travelling with Ethiopian Airlines that your most valuable things especially medication and important items, are carried with you in your hand luggage.
This is based on my experience the second time I used this airline when my bags could only be collected after several weeks. It appears they are yet to computerise their luggage handling, which is a serious issue.
Ibrahim Sani Khalil, PhD

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You will struggle to find better prices for travel from RSA to Europe especially if you book far in advance. There is a price to pay though and that is abrupt and sometimes rude service on board and a chaotic and disorganized terminal In Addis Ababa. When you get there be sure to ask constantly whether you are at the correct gate. Don’t rely on the information screens.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check-in at IAD a bit chaotic, too many people travelling with too much luggage. But once in the airplane, pleasantly surprised. Very roomy business class (equivalent to first in terms of space on this 777 (2-3-2 configuration instead of the horrendous 2-4-2 in most United planes). Very pleasant service, and great food and selection of wines.