“Impressive”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful airline, new aircrafts, staff very pleasant and helpful from beginning to end. Only problem is the Addis Ababa airport which is stuffy and dirty.

Date of travel: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,620)

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Flew from Bangkok to douala Cameroon.

Flights.
787 dreamliner on both legs.
Planes starting to look there age.
Seat were uncomfortable for such long flights.
Flights were full on both legs.

Catering.
was ok and food was edible and hot.
Inflight entertainment was ok and worked on all flights.

Staf.
were not really interested and hard to get them to do anything.

Overall ok for the price.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Well done Ethiopian! Myself, my partner and two children flew Dub-LAX return and we were delighted. I am tall so benefitted from the extra space in row 11. Good choice of movies. Loved the examples of Ethiopian music available also - a great introduction.

Food was typical airline fare, nothing really stood out but it was entirely edible and tasty. Our teens are fussy eaters though and didnt like the food, but we anticipated this and we had brought plenty of carry-on snacks with us from the airport. The Ethiopian coffee was superb, best I have ever had on a flight.

The cabin crew were efficient and friendly, their smiles were infectious! They have to work so hard though!

One of the best things about this flight was its early morning departure which meant that we were in LAX at 10.30am. The return flight to Dublin was great also, as it departed at midnight, allowing you to sleep most of the night.

For the price we paid for effectively four adult fares, we were blown away by the value for money we got - given the low fares, we would have been happy with Ryanair-level service, but what we got was something approaching (but not quite up to) the Aer Lingus standard.

The only negative I can think of was that on the outbound flight, the pull-up tv screen in row 11 was very dirty and sticky, while on the return journey, the screen in the same row was not working at all, and there were no alternative seats available - luckily I wanted to sleep during the flight!

Would we use Ethiopian again - you bet!

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed October 20, 2018

While I must say the flight personnel , ie the flight attendants and the pilots were excellent, so polite and solicitous, the ground staff was horrendous. Our luggage was delayed for five days. We arrived in Victoria Falls with the clothes on our backs from Boston. No luggage. We talked it’s the Customer Service Representative, Samuel Kuyaya on the ground in Victoria Falls. While polite, he has been useless, deceptive and has stonewalled us from September 6. Our claim, which we filed on September 6 is still not resolved, holding up not only compensation from Ethiopian Airlines but also our Travel Insurance and our credit card. The excuses have been endless and truly appear to be a blatant attempt to frustrate passengers to the point that they just give up. I will not give up. But warn others to do whatever to avoid using Ethiopian Airlines for the terrible service on the ground. You never know when you will lose your luggage and you can’t trust or count on them. Samuel Kuyaya should be ashamed of what he has put us through.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank katessa9
Reviewed October 19, 2018

Ethiopian offer a flight from Zanzibar to Cairo via Addis Ababa. What they don't mention when they take your money is there isn't time to make the connection in Addis Ababa for the next flight.

Now, I admit, that when I saw 20 minutes on the schedule fin Addis, I assumed the plane touched down and people got off/on. I didn't think they expected me to get off the plane, onto a bus to the terminal, get through security and board my next flight in 20 minutes. Clearly this is impossible!

Having missed my connection, they offered to put me on the same flight 24 hours later, which I declined. Only by standing for nearly three hours at the overwhelmed Transfers desk, appealing to three different people (the first two said there was no alternative) I was given a seat on an Air Egypt flight 6 hours later.

I don't know how they get away with this kind of misselling?!

I don't trust this airline. Go with Air Egypt or any other airline if you can.

Date of travel: September 2018