“surprisingly good airline”
Review of Ethiopian Airlines

Reviewed November 12, 2018

good new boeing 777 and 787 dreamline aircrafts with the best leg-space that i have ever seen in the economy class! so very comfortable.
the food was average, but the beverages was limited. no hard liquor. didnt like the beer they gave either.
good entertainment on board.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,999)

Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Having only travelled in the past with Emirates Airlines on my first international trip, there is not much to compare when it comes to travelling abroad as many of my counterparts on this site. However I can attest to being impressed with this airline and as it goes without saying... "First Impressions Last " Ethiopian Airlines comes across as a well structured airline with friendly staff and quality travelling. Good legroom, and seating. My only negative would be that the on flight entertainment could have used a better variety of movies especially for those who struggle to sleep (like me) during a flight. Still I am fortunate enough to be an avid reader so I had back up entertainment... Addis Ababa (Bole) International although under new construction was easy to navigate for those who are transferring to different destinations. In all a good travelling experience at a great price I would definitely consider using Ethiopian Airlines for my next trip!
Overall Rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Seating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Food ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Entertainment ⭐⭐⭐
Staff⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Date of travel: October 2018
3  Thank NatGirlTravel14
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

This was my first experience on Ethiopian airlines. It was a full flight but comfortable enough and the staff were friendly and attentive. The food wasn’t too bad either. In flight entertainment choices could have been a bit better.

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank Belfastguy
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

It was the first time using this airline, I was attracted by the price but boy did I regret it!!! At check-in in Durban I discovered they had given my seats away & were given seats away from each other. On arrival in Addis I had to fight to get our seats back so we could sit together as a family. On our return our bags were left in Addis that was not the problem it happens but when the mistake has been made it’s how you fix it. Ethiopian Airlines could not be bothered. Imagine the disappointment of my kids who had to get home without their goodies! It ended up being SAA who tracked our luggage to Addis & had it delivered to our house. I promised myself it was the first & last time I’d rather pay more!

Date of travel: December 2017
1  Thank Ncums
Reviewed November 11, 2018

The departure from Addis was chaotic - the gate (#9) was in a new portion of the airport that maybe isn't really ready to handle customers. Very few Departure / Arrival display screens and there are no vendors. Acoustics are poor when they announce flights. The flight was on a 737 and it lasted about 4 hours. There was one meal service (lunch). They offered chicken, fish or beef. I had pre-ordered a vegetarian meal and it was pretty bad. Flight crew was friendly, but nothing unusual. No in-flight entertainment.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Matt P