“ Make sure you get the A380 not the 777”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

If you want to know what it feels like to be “buried alive” then business with Etihad on the 777 will do the trick. They have re-configured the old cabin with new suites and flat beds but they have squeezed too many seats in too smaller a space. The whole experience was awful. If you happened to be a larger size and booked business for more seat, you’d be very disappointed. Everything was a tight squeeze. You could hardly move in your seat. If you are going to splurge on business with Etihad, make sure you get the A380 which, on the leg from Abu Dhabi to London provided a completely different experience. Still not as good as Qantas but much better than the 777.

• Value for money
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Elizabeth,

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our 777 Business Class as much as our A380 cabin. You can always check which aircraft is operating whilst booking your flight however please note that this may also change due to operational reasons. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will be taking this on board in order to improve our Guest comfort in the future.

Thank you. *Rose

Write a ReviewReviews (7,706)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I checked in on the app for the flight, the boarding bar code appeared. Good I though I can get through to Security without having the hassle of queuing up at the bag drop; I wanna only going for a long weekend and had only cabin luggage. Unfortunately at the airport the bar code had disappeared from the app and I could not get on the airport WiFi or get a decent signal. Nor find Etihad check in terminals. So I could not go through Security without a bar code! Did not get any help from Etihad staff so I ended up having to queue for 30 mins. with those checking in with TVs, microwaves etc! Not a great start.
The flight itself was fine, leg room tight as it always is in economy class. It was an overnight flight and we were offered a meal at some ungodly hour. The meal was very average, on the sloppy side.
Entertainment choices were ok but turned off way earlier than I have experienced on any other airline, 30 odd minutes before landing. Strange. The attendants were then scurrying about collecting the headphones. No breakfast was offered for a flight landing at 6.40 local time, not even a coffee.

On the way back things were marginally better. As I had checked in on line I went to the check in machines which were easily found. The check in machine told me there was a problem and to ask for help. This time when I asked for help I was directed to a short queue at the bag drop where I was given a boarding pass not only for flight but also for my connecting flight. Result.

The flight itself was similar to above, except no main meal, just a snack in a brown paper bag, but a breakfast was served. Same issues with the entertainment system.

Dear Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent flights with us. We apologise that our Ground Staff were not able to assist you during check in and would like to look into why your bar code mysteriously disappeared. Please send us more information regarding this via our Feedback Form which can be found on our website.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We were disappointed by the service on our Etihad flights to & from Australia.
Absolutely no cabin extras (hot towels, eye masks, vanity pack, toothbrush etc) for these very long haul flights and no information about the meals service being provided.
Check-In at Manchester was a bit chaotic; why bother checking in online when you have to queue longer for the bag drop than the standard check in line?? Crazy.
Our other hassle is that to get to Canberra we need an additional flight from Sydney (or Melbourne) so next time we are likely to use Qatar Airways who will be starting a direct connection in March 2018. We also considered starting our return journey from Sydney but were advised that we would have to pay £380pp to miss out the first internal flight!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Dear Colin,

We regret to hear about your recent experience with us. If you would like to share more information with us in order to improve our services, please visit our website where you can complete our Feedback Form online.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I took three flights (currently in transit back to Rome) and I’m sorry to say that my experience with Etihad and Abu Dhabi Airport is nowhere near the competition (Emirate/Dubai or Qatar/Doha).

Aircraft A330 - old / not even leather seats.
Inflight service
- meals are horrible
- crew not friendly
- inflight entertainment - nothing special

Abu Dhabi is a joke of an airport. Transit security is a total confusion. The corridors leading to the gates are too narrow, the number of toilets insufficient and the dining options are few.

Dear Cami,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear that your expectations were met with us. Please feel free to share your feedback with us in more detail via our Feedback Form on our website.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I have always been flying with Etihad for a long time now, well since the service started in Dublin. I have been a loyal customer I must say. All my flights are with them now since I am a member. Just on this flight a 19:10 flight amenity kit doesn’t come with the provided headset. I wonder if is this a new thing to save money for the airlines? And they always have it before and I think it is a basic thing to help freshen up especially for long flights.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our recent changes in flight. We will be certainly taking this on board and hope to improve our services for the future.