“A surprise upgrade to Business class!”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed August 2, 2018

I was on my way to Thiruvananthapuram and surprisingly while I was checking in at the counter they said I have been upgraded to Business Class. We usually travel by Economy so it was a pleasant surprise. An enjoyable and comfortable 4 hour travel!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Hi there, we are glad to hear that you have been upgraded and that you enjoyed the flight in our Business Class. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you on board again. *Marc

Write a ReviewReviews (11,656)

Reviewed August 1, 2018

Myself and my husband paid five and a half thousand Euro for return flights with Etihad, Dublin to Hong Kong.
We flew business class.
For this trip we purchased a brand new suitcase. At check in it was labelled priority.
When we retrieved our new suitcase after our home flight, the handles were broken and the case was unusable and not fit for purpose.
Trying to submit a claim for a damaged suitcase was a nightmare. The amount €65. You wouldn't believe the amount of information they request from you, including photos of all flight details, labels etc.
Our claim was denied by Etihad's Dublin office. They said the damage was "normal wear and tear". My understanding of wear and tear is, it is damage that occurs naturally and inevitable after normal wear and aging. In our case it was a new suitcase (purchase invoice submitted) that was obviously damaged by Etihad staff while in their care.
They are now just ignoring our emails.
We have family members in both Hong Kong and China, travelling back and forth. These Etihad Muppets have no idea the amount of business they have lost in flights all over a €65 claim that they refuse to pay.
Never will I or any member of our extended family fly with this airline again.

2  Thank OxOxO
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Hi there, thanks for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear that you have been left unhappy due to the damage of your baggage and the subsequent resolution of your claim. We understand that this was not what you were hoping for, or expecting. I will certainly share your thoughts and comments with our baggage claim team for their internal review. Thanks. *Nic

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We flew from amsterdam to bangkok, with a stop over in abu dhabi.
Service was ok, meals were fine nothing really special though. Inflight 'e-box' movies en series was nice. I've had better and worse flights so pretty neutral here

• Value for money

Hey Wiebe, thanks for sharing your review. Your comments have been gratefully noted. *Nic

Reviewed August 1, 2018

Economy was ok, nothing special. Food was ok and the service from the staff was just ok. Nothing that overwhelmed me would make me fly them again.All so very bland compared to others .

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi Dale, thanks for sharing your review. Your comments have been gratefully noted and will be shared with our team. Thanks. *Nic

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

They are the worst airlines ever wish I took pictures to upload first when I weighed my bagggage I went to counter the told me I was 3 kgs over I went to weight it at the weighing machine in the airport and my luggage was on spot I still removed some luggage when I went again I showed 2 kgs less it was a different desk so technically I was o my 1 kg over. They was just trying to make money out of me. I then reached Abu Dhabi and the staff sent me on a different flight the recalled the flight but only me but other women was taken off the flight saying we boarded the wrong flight and the flight I was supposed to fly had already taken off. They forced me to buy a new ticket and pay for my baggage as the baggage’s from Abu Dhabi was less then what I was allowed. So I had to spend 400 hundred more. Not only that. My flight from London did not leave in time which left me panicked at Abu Dhabi then guided on the flight I even mentioned to the staff that the airline was not the same one on my boarding pass they said no it is the right one I confirmed that am going to Hyderabad they said yes. But that flight was going to Saudi Arabia how can such a big mistake can you make.
I would not advice to use this airline as they give cheap tickets but try to huddle money out of you in different ways be careful THIS IS ONLY HALF OF MY EXPERIENCE. As I had travelled to London too that was even worse.

2  Thank Aisha M

Hi Aisha, thanks for sharing your review. Sorry to hear that you have been left unhappy with your recent travel with Etihad Airways. Please allow me to explain that we have a very strict baggage policy, that we ask our guests to adhere to. Details of your allowance can be found at the booking stage and also detailed on our website. If you can send us your booking reference and further details via the feedback page of our website, we can have our Guest Relations team look into what happened once you reached Abu Dhabi. Thanks. *Nic