“Impressed with speed of service”
Review of EVA Air

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We had a connected from Canada via Air Canada (Toronto to HK)...our layover was 6 hours. Upon boarding to Eva Air the flight was only an hour to Kaohsiung but I was completely impressed with the speed of service and prompt schedule. This maybe bias but Asia's pace of productivity is much high compared to North America. We were served beverages and a hot meal within the hour flight - amazing! Compared to North America airlines, you would be lucky to have juice and crackers on a 1hour flight. ;) Great experience with Eva Air.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,238)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My first flight with EVA booked through a partner airline two months before the trip. I experienced great difficulty in getting a seat assignment because it was not booked directly with EVA. I was given the phone number to call EVA for seat assignment. There were several unsuccessful long wait calls and they were opened only during business hours and weekdays. I was finally able to get a person who answered the phone and gave me seat assignments and told me 40 lb per check-in luggage, 2 pieces. Then I looked at the luggage policy, sure enough EVA only allowed me 40 lbs. of checked in luggage, 2 bags, for economy international flight. This I have never heard of, all other airlines for economy international flights are 50 lb per checked in luggage, 2 pieces. At check-in counter the EVA agent only allowed 40 lb each piece. She also weighed my carry-on, and personal item. The seats were bigger than other airlines owed by American companies. So it was more comfortable and roomier in the economy section. The meals were good, and service was good. Arrival and departure were on schedule. Because of the lower check-in luggage allowance I gave a star lower than if the luggage allowance was the conventional 50 lb per piece as allowed by other carriers. I flew on another airline on the return trip, this other airline allowed me 2 pieces of check-in luggage 50 lb per piece.

3  Thank healthyeater2013
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I come to appreciate the red eye flight from Vancouver to Asia but insisted on at least a Premium Economy due to the long duration . . . the extra leg room and aisle seat makes a difference to me. Due to my hip replacement operation 3 years ago, I request priority boarding to give myself time to walk and place my carry-on and cabin crew is always helpful. Also there are fewer people to fight for the toilet. The food is OK but not great --- try to limit tea, coffee and absolutely no liquor. I try to stay away from movies and just concentrate on resting. The cabin crew is very good in moving people away from the aisle to get seated. The seats have been re-designed in this section and not as good as it was before --- legs can be raised but only on a foot rest --- not the whole seat.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was the first time I felt that people in the economy class of the plane actually mattered! Seats were decent - we had pillows & blankets - the food was great - and our service was outstanding! Too bad the upgrade was ridiculous because I can only imagine what kind of service the Royal class received.
I would definitely use this airline again.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The flight from Taipei to Beijing is a lot, great. And the timing is also food!
And the service is also great!!