“Bad service.”
Review of EVA Air

Reviewed June 2, 2024

I Flew to Bangkok with my wife and two friends on route to Hua hin, on the way out the food was not to bad but the hostesses could not wait to get everyone to close the window blinds they said so that everyone can sleep, it was a night flight so ok even though it was dark outside, but they also did the same on the return flight which was a daytime flight on which most people were not interested in sleeping. I got the impression that the people most interested in sleeping were the hostesses.
Beverage service was strange on the return flight as the staff seemed to think that it was acceptable to serve sparkling wine among other drinks in paper cups but when I asked for a glass I was given one (should not have to ask) . When they occasionally offered people drinks in between they were walking down the cabin with paper cups again with orange or apple juice rather than a normal trolley where people could choose there own Beverage whether tea/coffee soft or alcohol.
I would have been disappointed in the level of service in a economy cabin, the reason for paying the extra is for a better level of service as well as the larger seats, the service side of this was a let down and disappointing to say the least.
The reason I used EVA AIR in the 1st place is that BA aren't flying directly to Bangkok till October so hopefully the next time I travel to this part of the world I will be able to enjoy the greatly superior service offered and not have to ever fly EVA again.

Reviewed June 1, 2024

Eva airline is no longer the same as before. Booking via phone to customer service took more than hours of waiting time. I was in business class but my luggage was the last one to come out after almost 2 hours waiting. The flight attendant service attitude was not appreciated. She showed a long face when I asked for a bottle of water instead of tap water.

I contacted the customer service about my flight experience. Not only no response from Eva, they don't even care about customer feedback. I don't feel they deserve the extra charge compare with China airline and certainly not even 2 stars airline.

Date of travel: November 2023
Reviewed May 31, 2024

Used this airline as a round trip from from Toronto to Japan (via Taiwan as a short layover).
This was my first time on this plane and I was very impressed with the service, comfort and meals provided. I have never been on an Asian airline before and it far exceeds the service offered by North American airlines.

1  Thank mattycam
Reviewed May 27, 2024

1st time Thailand. 1st time business class. 1st class service. I found the the service to be outstanding and nothing was a problem to the crew( inbound flight also) . From the moment I sat, I was waited on hand and foot. Food and drink was plenty and very well received. I found the seat-bed an absolute luxury, Comfy and relaxing with plenty of sleep (probably the champagne). I have no bad words or complaints about EVA AIR , crew, the 777 or the seating. For me, I'll never fly another airline.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank David S
Reviewed May 27, 2024

Terrible. Bad Service and very uncomfortable long flight seats
The stewardess weren't very friendly, for the whole crew we probably only found 1 more-friendly service crew which was REALLY SURPRISING for me.

- Asked for one more bottle of water however got rejected by one crew responding : You already have one ! Huh? I never recalled long flight service being so bad, not from any other airlines though
- Asked for hot water which took ages
- No amenities provided to us, like we used to have it in other airlines , at least the basic one such as toothbrush. Usually airlines will provide one pack to each passengers
- Old facilities and seats, very small seats. Probably they only focus on PREMIUM ECONOMY and FIRST CLASS PASSENGERS. I don't even know that after upgrading the seat it would still be that cramp.
- They only serve once, at least other airlines would still serve water and snacks if we ask for it.

Overall, I was kinda glad I did not pay more for Premium Economy or more. This is the one and only time for me. NEVER EVER AGAIN!

1  Thank Explore02721516338
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.