“Flight EVA AIR, avoid AIR CANADA , if there is any choice”
Review of EVA Air

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

EVA Air is still nice and comfortable, on time and extremely helpful flight attendants. Not as excellent as years ago though. Foods are excellent, both dinner and breakfast. So much better and superior than those junk foods fed us in Air Canada's own flights [i.e, as opposed to joint/cooperated ones]. In our flight to Europe 2023 and to L.A. 2024, the first one served us junk foods [i.e., not even "food"], any a small bag of cheap crackers respectively. FLY EVA, not Air Canada.!!!!

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank DrLiu

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Can't get a hold of EVA's customer service in the US after calling various numbers provided on their website. Unbelievable.

2  Thank darkness777
Reviewed June 6, 2024

EVA Airlines has a method of booking a special meal by phoning their customer service line 30 days prior to travel. I called the customer service line 30 days before to give them ample time ensure our request for a Gluten Free and Dairy Free could be accommodated. I received a call back to state that our request for a special meal cannot be met. I'm frustrated as if we knew this ahead of time, we would have booked another airline. We have 21 hours of travel and no meal that will fit my partners needs due to allergies.

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Great service, even after a long flight, crew maintain cleanliness of all the bathroom. Great passengers also they'r all very disciplined, great food and most of all I didn’t get dehydrated 😂

Special mention to Smile one of the flight crew she’s very nice and hardworking, great job!

Thank you Eva Air!

Reviewed June 2, 2024

I Flew to Bangkok with my wife and two friends on route to Hua hin, on the way out the food was not to bad but the hostesses could not wait to get everyone to close the window blinds they said so that everyone can sleep, it was a night flight so ok even though it was dark outside, but they also did the same on the return flight which was a daytime flight on which most people were not interested in sleeping. I got the impression that the people most interested in sleeping were the hostesses.
Beverage service was strange on the return flight as the staff seemed to think that it was acceptable to serve sparkling wine among other drinks in paper cups but when I asked for a glass I was given one (should not have to ask) . When they occasionally offered people drinks in between they were walking down the cabin with paper cups again with orange or apple juice rather than a normal trolley where people could choose there own Beverage whether tea/coffee soft or alcohol.
I would have been disappointed in the level of service in a economy cabin, the reason for paying the extra is for a better level of service as well as the larger seats, the service side of this was a let down and disappointing to say the least.
The reason I used EVA AIR in the 1st place is that BA aren't flying directly to Bangkok till October so hopefully the next time I travel to this part of the world I will be able to enjoy the greatly superior service offered and not have to ever fly EVA again.

Date of travel: May 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.