“Reliable airline”
Review of EVA Air

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Trouble-free experience overall.

I had a layover of 10 hours in Taiwan when I was flying from SF to Beijing. I really enjoyed this long layover time by going outside of the airport. I encountered some very friendly people in Taiwan.

The flying experience was simple and without chaos, which was enough.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Xianzhi L

Reviewed June 13, 2024

I was flying solo, bought my ticket 6 months ahead, and picked my seat in the aisle. They removed me from my seat and put me in the middle seat near the exit. I was miserable the entire time. I did not enjoy my flight because they over booked. It was a torture! I will not be booking with Eva Airlines. It should be negative stars. It was my first time and I was really disappointed. Not a good experience...

I was supposed to checkout with TSA however the check in agent failed to not input my information in the system so I had to go through the regular line and she assigned me in the middle seat. I feel that she did on purpose and ruined my whole flight experience. Big disappointment.

3  Thank Malee Y
Reviewed June 8, 2024

EVA Air is still nice and comfortable, on time and extremely helpful flight attendants. Not as excellent as years ago though. Foods are excellent, both dinner and breakfast. So much better and superior than those junk foods fed us in Air Canada's own flights [i.e, as opposed to joint/cooperated ones]. In our flight to Europe 2023 and to L.A. 2024, the first one served us junk foods [i.e., not even "food"], any a small bag of cheap crackers respectively. FLY EVA, not Air Canada.!!!!

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank DrLiu
Reviewed June 8, 2024

Can't get a hold of EVA's customer service in the US after calling various numbers provided on their website. Unbelievable.

2  Thank darkness777
Reviewed June 6, 2024

EVA Airlines has a method of booking a special meal by phoning their customer service line 30 days prior to travel. I called the customer service line 30 days before to give them ample time ensure our request for a Gluten Free and Dairy Free could be accommodated. I received a call back to state that our request for a special meal cannot be met. I'm frustrated as if we knew this ahead of time, we would have booked another airline. We have 21 hours of travel and no meal that will fit my partners needs due to allergies.

• Food and Beverage
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.