“Beware of defective merchandise sold on flight”
Review of Fiji Airways

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Beware - do not buy merchandise sold aboard. After haggling almost 9 months with various personnel who kept passing the buck, I am told they will not replace or refund - that I had to deal with the company. I bought an expensive watch from Sekonda and now they want me to start to deal with the company. The watch was listed as all leather band. It was not leather and peeled as soon as I started wearing it. Fiji Air's booklet should have listed that they do not accept returns. As a Fiji Air customer, I been treated very poorly and will never use this airline again.

1  Thank Sandra S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed November 10, 2017

My first long haul with Fiji Airways and it was well done....the service was very good on this quite full flight and the service excellent....the flight food was very tasty and great to fly through the night and grab a nap here and there...
I sat near the loos and was very pleased to note how often they were cleaned and serviced by the cabin crew....that was a real stand out together with the great service !

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed November 9, 2017

This was a daytime flight in economy class. we had prebooked a window seat (and a middle one), but due to change of airplane we ended up in the middle of the plane with no view.
The seat and inflight entertainment was average, but the crew was helpful and pleasant.
We had expected to buy any food, but was pleasantly surprised when we were served lunch, including wine.
The plane left (and arrived) on time.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank Paal M
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

I flew business class on an overnight flight from LAX to Fiji. Staff were very pleasant from check in all the way until we disembarked. Service on the flight was very good. Attentive enough without pestering you when you wanted to sleep. Food was also good quality. I would fly with them again.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed November 9, 2017

I want to be up front, I never actually got on the flight (explained below). A short summary: flight was canceled, re-booked flight was overbooked, and I've been waiting a month for my money back. I would never use this airline again.

My flight to Apia was at 1:30am in the morning/late night. The flight was canceled around 10pm for weather-related reasons (which came off as suspicious since there were no weather problems, but fine). Airline management was incredibly rude and unsympathetic. I was going to lose money on hotels I booked and I was now responsible for booking a place to stay the night and the staff had a "not our problem" attitude towards it all (there were also other passengers who were going to miss connecting flights but I was not in that position).

So booked a $200 hotel (Honolulu after all), called reservations in the morning (like they instructed) and was put on another flight 2 days later. Not only was I going to lose money on the hotel I booked in Samoa for those days, but I now also had to pay to stay in Honolulu until this new flight. Not to mention I now had less time to spend at this location.

The day of the new flight (7 am), I got to the airport at 4:30am to hear that the flight was "overweight" which seems like a nice way to say "overbooked" (there were over 10 people in line for the same flight and the flight is small). At this point there was no way I'd get to Samoa and be able to spend enough time there before getting back. So, I wanted my money back (~$900).

Called reservations right then and there like staff said, got a verbal yes that I would get my refund. It's been a month since then and still haven't gotten it.

Emailed them with my confirmation number, they couldn't find my reservation (are you kidding) and when I emailed them with more info they never got back to me (been waiting 10 days). Tweeted them to see if that would get their attention, nothing. At this point, I'm going to go through my credit card and dispute the transaction for services not rendered.