“good in all ways”
Review of Garuda Indonesia

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Flight with kids and baby. It was very good. Very good support from the team on board. nice lunch with a dedicated lunch for kids with european foods.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (6,233)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Had my first experience flying another airline other than Qantas for more than a decade. I literally can't find a bad thing to say. The food was nice. My seat was comfortable (A330 aircraft) and the entertainment system worked perfectly. I think if you want alcohol you need to pay. I didn't do I'm not sure of their payment method. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We have used Garuda twice. First time Very Good. Second time coming home we felt that not quite the 5 star rating they advertise.
Firstly flying from Perth we like the times 7.45 am we have a full afternoon extra at our destination, Bali, and home time the 7.15 pm we have all day as an extra time to relax before going to the airport. So Timing is great for us. Also the standard 330 size plane has the 2-4-2 configuration that we like as we can have the two seats to ourselves.
My concern is as with other airlines they certainly slug you $$$ for wanting your preferred seats. I knocked the last flight down a peg in our estimation from a 5 star as when we ordered a drink of wine with our meal, it came in paper cups and a splash of wine about 2cm. Poor taste we felt. The food was 4.0 / 5. Otherwise overall 4.0 star for us

Reviewed April 4, 2018

A short trip from Jakarta to Singapore turned into a bad dream, just short of a nightmare, and all because Garuda Indonesia have no clue how to communicate with passengers when something goes wrong.
The flight, set to leave at 13:45 on a Sunday 1st of April was first delayed for 30 minutes and then further delayed for another 30 minutes, with little or no communication or reason. When we finally boarded and set off on the 30 minute journey from the Stand to the Runway, if this was not bad enough, when we were finally at the point of take off and hurtling down the runway, the power was reduced and we went back to the Stand. Then the chaos began with little or no communication, especially in English. After some questioning by myself I was directed to go to Gate 10... further confusion then as some of us were directed to the business class lounge (instruction given only in Bahasa) were we sat for ten minutes before being called back to Gate 10. But it didn't end there.. we walked through Gate 10 and back into the Arrival Route to another gate where we finally boarded.
What a Shambles... and although this was the first of April, this was no joke!!!
The flight itself was OK but leg room on this Boeing 737 was minimal and I was continuously bumped into by the cabin crew and the trolley as they served a meal - not sure why they bother to serve a meal on a 80 minute flight!!!
On the return journey I decided to upgrade to business class, where, although the same airline, I experienced a completely different side to Garuda... a charming cabin crew, concerned even that I didn't wish to eat and attentive throughout the flight. Add to that the welcome Fast Track Immigration card for arrival back in Jakarta...
I wouldn't place Garuda Indonesia in the top airlines of the world, but they are not the worst (that "accolade" goes to British Ariways) but Garuda certainly need to review how they communicate to their customers when things don't go to plan.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was the best international flight that I have been on. This was the smoothest from takeoff to landing and probably because the weather was favourable but it wasn't just the weather that made the flight great. Right from start to finish the experience was wonderful. Very clean aircraft, continually maintained throughout the flight. The staff were fantastic and smiled throughout. I must say, id rather fly Garuda on every flight that I make to Indonesia because its a great way to start any holiday or business trip. Only thing that I could say in a neutral but definitely not negative is that the return flight was on an older plane but still the service was faultless. Well done Garuda, Indonesia should be proud.